Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online

Go down 
+30
Ambaralis
Saige8
Kalde
SilentEcho
Cazanna
Nightsong
Gigi
Danny Phantom Fan
Rozel
Zak
Teego
Night
Nightshade
Hazze
hello
Lukai
willow
WhiteWolf
Arctos_Howling
PapaYasha
gozoo
Rafe
Doom Dragon
Cebana
HappygirlXD
Custard
Unidentified
Kouga
Rumour~Wolf
Alcuzeyk
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rozel
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-07

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/07/10, 04:28 am

^--Fail
Back to top Go down
Lukai
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Lukai

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/07/10, 04:52 am

But Kouga, I would actually be a bit interested in that type of game. ^^'
To have the option between an owner or a pet? I don't think there's any games like that. I'm sure it'd be a big hit, maybe even bring in some money. :\
Or maybe a stray game? Wondering the streets and stuff would be fun, and challenging at the same time. Rival groups of dogs, dog catchers. And have the chance of being picked up from the street.
If only I knew about game-making...

Ah well, nevermind, got carried away. xD
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/07/10, 09:38 am

Smile Know what? I actually considered that idea. I can imagine it.. they say 'if human can imagine it, it's possible'.
We could do that after Wolf Online, using a 3D Engine and a little basic meshes for the town blocks since dogs don't see such small things. The game would need some kind of a guild system to simulate the packs, dog-catchers are the same as monsters in other games, running after the player-dogs and their attacking animation is like trying to catch them. If they're caught (triggering a death event) they'll be brought into dog pound were human-players can adopt them. Though there's no guarantee that the dogs aren't running away as soon as both players leave the pound. Wink

Human players could have a housing system.

Well, that's the concept.
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
Rozel
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime18/07/10, 12:31 am

That would be pretty cool, really. I just hated the idea of being a wolf pet to the humans in Wolf Online. x] But, outside WO, I agree to it very much!
Back to top Go down
Lukai
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Lukai

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime18/07/10, 02:48 am

8D I would love to play it if you do ever make it.
Back to top Go down
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Zak

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime29/07/10, 03:39 am

omg late answer and im soooo for dog's life online O3O id give anything if there would be such game! It would be a huge hit i swear lmao... theres barely any game where u are the dog :C
Back to top Go down
Doom Dragon
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Doom Dragon

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime30/07/10, 04:36 pm

Dog's Like online!? Sweet! This almost knocks down the dragon idea. Bumpish?
Back to top Go down
Gigi

Gigi

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime31/07/10, 12:10 pm

That sounds awesome!! =D I'd definitely go for a game like that. I've been searching everywhere for similar ones =(
Back to top Go down
Nightsong

Nightsong

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime09/08/10, 03:24 am

Alcuzeyk wrote:
Very Happy I won't lie, I actually laughed at that one!!!
*ok new development-you better hope that the ultimate enemy doesn't find you out on the plains of WOLF Online, or else it is instant DOOM!!!!*

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/anim000.png/

No i am totally kidding on that one XD

I was looking back through the posts and saw this... I barely resisted the urge to actually roll on the floor laughing... only the fact that my family would have thought i was insane stopped me XD!

Anyway, it would be cool if some hunters weren't as dangerous as others. AKA different weaponry, not as skilled or quick to shoot? of course, there would also have to be hunters that are more dangerous XD
Yeah, not a great idea (too much time/effort and doesn't really matter), but it's something.
Back to top Go down
Lukai
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Lukai

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime09/08/10, 08:47 pm

Nightsong wrote:
Alcuzeyk wrote:
Very Happy I won't lie, I actually laughed at that one!!!
*ok new development-you better hope that the ultimate enemy doesn't find you out on the plains of WOLF Online, or else it is instant DOOM!!!!*

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/anim000.png/

No i am totally kidding on that one XD

I was looking back through the posts and saw this... I barely resisted the urge to actually roll on the floor laughing... only the fact that my family would have thought i was insane stopped me XD!

Anyway, it would be cool if some hunters weren't as dangerous as others. AKA different weaponry, not as skilled or quick to shoot? of course, there would also have to be hunters that are more dangerous XD
Yeah, not a great idea (too much time/effort and doesn't really matter), but it's something.

That gave me an idea also!
If we put our mouse over something, it's name would pop up like, you put your mouse on a caribou (not knowing that's what it is) and a little text pops up over it's head saying: 'Young Caribou (Smaller sprite, no antlers?), Adult Caribou(regular Caribou), Lead Caribou(Bigger antlers, bigger sprite/body), Injured Caribou(Would limp), Old Caribou(May be slower, may limp, spites could be a bit smaller.)'
And with this, we could be able to pick the weak ones, or challenge ourselves with stronger animals.
For Hares it could be,
'Young Hare (sprite could be smaller?), Adult Hare(bigger, more health.), Injured Hare (slower.)'

And so on. xD
Back to top Go down
Cazanna
Support
Support
Cazanna

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime15/08/10, 06:20 pm

I have 3 suggestions:

I personally think that playing as a pup isn't a very good idea
, at least for now. Now please, before you send me hatemail, read the whole post.

It's an bad idea (for now) because:

- Chances of survival are very small, Your pup needs a mother else it won't survive because you can't hunt. Also, finding a mother in the game is hard since the world map is very big and we are not with many members. Your pup might die of starvation. And now you are probably thinking "But Caz, we can also ask people on the forum to be our mother" , that's right, but not everyone will make an account on this forum.

- Another problem is: to many pups. I asked people in the wolfquest game about what they really want to see in wolfquest. They say they really want to play as a pup. In WOLF Online, we are able to play as a pup so all those "baby wannabe's" I met on wolfquest can now play as pup and I'm sure they will do that. Result: An explosion of wolf pups on the maps of WOLF Online.

There are ofcourse more problems, but I believe these will be the main problems, I will also speak about pups problems in the next suggestion.

Being able to get pups in the game isn't a very good idea.

Reasons why:

Breeding factories! Something I am 100% sure of that will happen in the game. Once your wolf has a mate, they can get puppies. Great, but I am afraid this will drive people crazy, and they will make from their wolf a puppie factory, which means: This wolves is constantly pregnant and has already 20 children running around in WOLF Online.

Another reason: The wolf (please forgive me) slut. People will make a wolf that will be like a "slut" mating with any wolf they want. See it like "The ultimate breeding factory".

A map could be great.

Yup, It might sound like a copy of Wolfquest but we will need it. A map showing the territories of wolf packs (like coloured circles), red dots which are other wolves, a blue dot which is your wolf, purple dots which are pack members and green dots which are friends. If you wanna meet with someone somewhere, it's hard to say: "I meet you at the one tree in the timber zone at that one spot". If you can actually find each other on some map, it's much easier to have fun with friends. It's also easier for "Loners" to avoid territories.

Having the players create their own pack is a bad idea.

It's a bad idea because I'm sure that everyone wants to be alpha of an pack so they make their own. Problem is: the map will not have territory free zones since all the space is already taken. Also, no one will join a pack since they can make their own. I think it's better to have like a few packs in the whole WOLF Online game, which people can join so there won't be any to many packs.

Well, I have more ideas but I think I will leave it for now LOL.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime16/08/10, 01:12 pm

Cazanna wrote:

1) Chances of survival are very small, Your pup needs a mother else it won't survive because you can't hunt. Also, finding a mother in the game is hard since the world map is very big and we are not with many members. Your pup might die of starvation. And now you are probably thinking "But Caz, we can also ask people on the forum to be our mother" , that's right, but not everyone will make an account on this forum.

- Don't worry. There's already a concept for that ^^ Pups are born either with parents in their territory (or right beside their mother) and without parents in a wildlife station that's spawning food on it's own.

Cazanna wrote:
2) Another problem is: to many pups. I asked people in the wolfquest game about what they really want to see in wolfquest. They say they really want to play as a pup. In WOLF Online, we are able to play as a pup so all those "baby wannabe's" I met on wolfquest can now play as pup and I'm sure they will do that. Result: An explosion of wolf pups on the maps of WOLF Online.

- What's the matter here? Pups grow up soon enough Smile There won't be that many pups forever and soon the balance will come in. Then we'll have many adults at once.

Cazanna wrote:
3) Breeding factories! Something I am 100% sure of that will happen in the game. Once your wolf has a mate, they can get puppies. Great, but I am afraid this will drive people crazy, and they will make from their wolf a puppie factory, which means: This wolves is constantly pregnant and has already 20 children running around in WOLF Online.

Another reason: The wolf (please forgive me) slut. People will make a wolf that will be like a "slut" mating with any wolf they want. See it like "The ultimate breeding factory".

- No computer controlled pups = no breeding factories. Maybe there'll be a limit how many pups can be adopted.

Cazanna wrote:
4) A map could be great.

Yup, It might sound like a copy of Wolfquest but we will need it. A map showing the territories of wolf packs (like coloured circles), red dots which are other wolves, a blue dot which is your wolf, purple dots which are pack members and green dots which are friends. If you wanna meet with someone somewhere, it's hard to say: "I meet you at the one tree in the timber zone at that one spot". If you can actually find each other on some map, it's much easier to have fun with friends. It's also easier for "Loners" to avoid territories.

- Like a minimap? Easier said than done. There can't be a background. We'll need to use a grid instead, since the maps are generated randomly anyway. But if the boxes on the grid could be colored with a sign legend below the map it might do the trick.

Cazanna wrote:
5) Having the players create their own pack is a bad idea.[/b]

It's a bad idea because I'm sure that everyone wants to be alpha of an pack so they make their own. Problem is: the map will not have territory free zones since all the space is already taken. Also, no one will join a pack since they can make their own. I think it's better to have like a few packs in the whole WOLF Online game, which people can join so there won't be any to many packs.

- It's more realistic if everyone can wander off and form a pack with a mate. Real wolves often don't stay with their birth pack for long.
Back to top Go down
Cazanna
Support
Support
Cazanna

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime16/08/10, 09:02 pm

Thanks for the answers Inuyasha22. But I'm still a bit bothered about the last thing I noted, you know that one about the packs.

I understand that players can create their own packs, since that's natural behaviour. But as I said in my post: We will get empty packs because of this.

So my idea is: because we don't want empty packs, couldn't it be an idea to couple a "level" system (the dominance bar and ranks for example) to the "create your own pack" opportunity. So people must need an amount of Dominance and/or a rank (like subordinate or beta) to be able to create a pack of their own. I know it might spoil the fun for new players, but it's also a way to prevent unactive packs. Which are players who start a pack and never come online again.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime17/08/10, 06:59 am

They need a mate to form a pack. If they don't come back it won't matter Smile Their territory can (and will) be taken over by other packs.
Back to top Go down
Nightsong

Nightsong

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime24/08/10, 05:06 am

Cazanna wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather take a nice subordinate position in a pack than be an alpha (lol I'm not really dominant). Maybe I'm crazy, maybe everyone else wants to rule the world, but I'm content to sit back and watch the alphas do all the worrying XD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lukai
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Lukai

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime25/08/10, 12:56 am

Nightsong wrote:
Cazanna wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather take a nice subordinate position in a pack than be an alpha (lol I'm not really dominant). Maybe I'm crazy, maybe everyone else wants to rule the world, but I'm content to sit back and watch the alphas do all the worrying XD Very Happy

I agree with Nightsong there. xD

But not all people would be satisfied with sitting in one place. x3 My pack (if I led one) would be a nomadic one for quite a while. I have a feeling a lot of people will choose that too. And I doubt w'll have to worry for a while, unless we have some huge explosion in popularity in a small amount of time.

One way I thought (if it isn't already been suggestion or thought of by In) is we could only make packs after certain achievements. Such as...killing 30 deer. Or ones that all we could do to achieve them was to be sure we survived. Like you must be __ years and __ months to start your own pack.
That way we wouldn't have a bunch of youngsters running packs, but the experienced players.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime25/08/10, 10:49 am

That's the plan Wink You only can mate if you're an adult. But that idea with using the years might be useful since wolves wander off with like two years in age, don't they? If anyone travels of earlier that one can't form an own pack.
Back to top Go down
Lukai
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Lukai

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime25/08/10, 08:41 pm

They disperse at either 2 or 3 years...I think your right, 2. 3 is when they usually take a mate if I remember correctly.
Fffff, I love how complex the game is getting. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lukai
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Lukai

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime25/08/10, 08:45 pm

Sorry to double post, but here is a suggestion Kanayri and I have been discussing that I think should be posted here. :3

Kanayri wrote:
Lukai wrote:
Kanayri wrote:
Inuyasha22 wrote:
^^' Actually the players can choose whom they follow. They're not forced to follow either alpha.

Maybe there could be a button/action that allows a wolf to auto follow a visible alpha? For example: Someone needs/wants to take a short break but dosn't want to be left behind, so they press the key or click the button and their player auto follows either alpha in their pack that in visible. (If both alphas are visible, the player wolf auto follows the alpha male.) I think this would be helpful, but maybe I'm wrong. Would be cool though. Razz

That is the best fricken suggestion EVER. :U
It would be so helpful. But what happens in the alpha goes offline during your break, or was killed? I think it'd be best to just be taken to the log in screen so you weren't left in the area with hunters or enemy wolves. xD

If the Alpha is killed or goes offline while player wolves are following him/her, then they would return to the title menu or go into a 'frozen state' where the game would pause so nothing bad happens to the AFK wolf? As for the latter, if the alpha is killed then the next strongest wolves become alpha, or the dead alpha/s respawn? I think it would be better if the next strongest wolves were to move up so that it would give the other players a chance at being the Alpha. The previous alphas could respawn into the pack if they want though?

And that's what I was thinking. x3
Back to top Go down
SilentEcho

SilentEcho

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime29/08/10, 06:50 am

If we want balance between adults and pups maybe we could do something like they do on WEO:

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Yayness.th

In the options section, you can check a box that says "always start playing as an infant".

And it will tell you 'how many pups available"

That way it's impossible for there to be more pups, in fact, unless everyone breeds like rabbits there should be more adults..

Some people might get annoyed that they never get to be a pup, but they should just wait, or organize something with a female wolf.

There could be a way for a female wolf to 'reserve' a spot as one of her pups and to ban someone from trying to be one of her kids.

Maybe there could be MEGA-PACKS ( or people could make their own pack, but with restrictions on who can do it)

The Noob's ( or beginners ) packs, like a normal pack, they'll probably be big because of lots of new members.

Semi experienced packs, i don't know how many there'd be, but you can choose to 'move up', or disperse and do the whole 'walking in and stuff'.

The Pro's packs, probably all the people who are experienced or use the forums now

And the Staff pack :3

I guess each pack could have a territory. And all the same packs ( e.g Noobpack1 vs Noobpack2, semiexp1vs semiexp2 ) could have territory battle and could be hostile.

that's all i've got right now :3
Back to top Go down
Cazanna
Support
Support
Cazanna

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime29/08/10, 09:53 am

*Agrees with SilentEcho* ^^
Back to top Go down
Kalde
Hoster
Hoster
Kalde

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime29/08/10, 04:21 pm

I disagree I like the idea of people creating there own pacts and I dont even want to be the alpha I just like the freedom it has and if I dont like my pack I can leave and join another one at a certain age. Sounds a whole lot better than being forced into one of five pacts. Also there have been pack siting with 10-20 wolves but more often it is a small pack like 5 wolves and this game is suppose to be a simulator.
Back to top Go down
Cazanna
Support
Support
Cazanna

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime29/08/10, 04:24 pm

You aren't forced, you can leave if you don't want to be in a pack.
Back to top Go down
SilentEcho

SilentEcho

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime30/08/10, 03:29 am

i didn't say pack, i said PACK.. they're could be as many as the staff think is good.
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime30/08/10, 03:56 am

SilentEcho wrote:
i didn't say pack, i said PACK.. they're could be as many as the staff think is good.

They were talking to Caz, not you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livestream.com/twischannel
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next