Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial

Go down 
+9
SunsetCoyote
Alazi
Serendipity
Kytaradragon
Wolfsong92
Zak
Kuzoku
Kouga
Scarikas
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scarikas

Scarikas

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-08-31

[WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime09/03/11, 04:32 am

Hi, Scarikas here. I'm making a WOLF tutorial to teach those clueless about WOLF!

Do you 'think' you know the game? Well, Read this!
This teaches you about things that 'make sense' in the game or at least to me!

Basics (Read first!):
Spoiler:
Choose settings Tutorial/tips:
Spoiler:
Hunting Tutorial:
Spoiler:
Mating Tutorial:
Spoiler:
Pack Tutorial:
Spoiler:
Tips:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Scarikas on 04/03/12, 03:18 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime09/03/11, 07:30 am

Lovely. I'll make this one sticky Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
Kuzoku
Webmaster
Webmaster
Kuzoku

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-02-20

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime11/03/11, 09:06 am

Nice work! Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Scarikas

Scarikas

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime12/03/11, 07:24 pm

Omgawsh o.o Sticky? Nowai.

And btw is '9 months' the same for all terrains or is it different? I want to make sure this is accurate if I'm going to get an honor such as 'Sticky' Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Zak

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime21/03/11, 05:35 pm

Scarikas wrote:
Omgawsh o.o Sticky? Nowai.

And btw is '9 months' the same for all terrains or is it different? I want to make sure this is accurate if I'm going to get an honor such as 'Sticky' Embarassed

yes because a wolf pregnancy lasts 3 months, so that pups will be born on the exact day of 'year here' and 0 months lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Scarikaz

PostSubject: BLEH.   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime20/04/11, 09:30 pm

[Forgot to log in]

Thanks ;3
Back to top Go down
Wolfsong92

Wolfsong92

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: How do you pick other alpha and beta?   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime28/05/11, 08:06 pm

Hi, I was wondering how you can pick the other alpha and beta. The game seems to automatically pick random wolves for them, but I can't figure out how to change them or pick out my own.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime28/05/11, 09:17 pm

It's not possible, that's why oo
Back to top Go down
Kytaradragon

Kytaradragon

Number of posts : 51
Ort : I change it every two weeks, so that they don't catch me.
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime26/06/11, 09:42 pm

Wolfsong92 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering how you can pick the other alpha and beta. The game seems to automatically pick random wolves for them, but I can't figure out how to change them or pick out my own.

Actually, it's not random. Certain wolves are just "better" than others. If you play Cepheus, you will automatically become the omega. Rumour and Centaurus are ALWAYS the alphas, but Nakomis and Shadow will try and steal Rumour's rank.

(They're the next-best females. An interesting note should be made: I made a pack with Shadow and Nakomis in it. Nakomis was the beta, Shadow was the subordinate. After barely five minutes of playing, Shadow beat Nakomis in a fight and became the beta.)

Those wolves above aren't the only ones' this applies to. It applies to ALL of the wolves in the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzardchoruswolves.wetpaint.com
New

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime06/07/11, 07:14 pm

Hi, I am having a problem with WOLF, when it is mating season, the alpha male won't mate with me! Please help! confused
Back to top Go down
Serendipity

Serendipity

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-07-02

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime06/07/11, 10:32 pm

New wrote:
Hi, I am having a problem with WOLF, when it is mating season, the alpha male won't mate with me! Please help! confused

Quote :
People can find mating quite difficult, but it honestly isn't hard. You can only mate with the other alpha when you are alpha, No other rank can mate with any other rank but alphas. If 'YOU' ask the alpha male/female to mate, it'le never work. Right when your month hits 9, you're mate will sprint straight at you from our of your screen view and you will automatically mate, even if you never in your life requested it. Your age must be 'insert year here' and 9 months to mate. It can be any year, just make sure your age says 9 months and your mate should run towards you the second your age says that. If you are, say, 8 months, you'll have to wait 30 in-game days before your mate will run towards you. The exact day of witch you turn _ years and 9 months old your mate will come to you. Then you'll have to wait exactly a year before your mate will run at you again. If your 1 year and 9 months, you'll have to wait until 2 years and 9 months before mating again. Just making it very clear that you have to be _ years and 9 months when you mate, else you won't mate at all.

So I don't think seasons have anything to do with mating. You just need to be _ year(s) and 9 months old.
Back to top Go down
Scarikas

Scarikas

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime10/07/11, 05:48 pm

Well.. Obviously if it can be any year but has too be a certain month, that obviously means the season in that month will always be the season you mate in.
Back to top Go down
Alazi

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime21/11/12, 02:27 am

What if you start the game out at __yrs and nine months?Do you have to wait for the next nine months or what?
Back to top Go down
SunsetCoyote
Texture Designer
Texture Designer
SunsetCoyote

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2012-03-25

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime21/11/12, 01:59 pm

sadly the close you can get to nine months is eight months, you cant get any closer then that. Neutral
Back to top Go down
L3wolf

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-11-30

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime30/11/13, 05:07 pm

im awesome and i know it wrote:
sadly the close you can get to nine months is eight months, you cant get any closer then that.  Neutral
I started the game at nine months of age, strangely. I was starting up wolf after I found out I had it on my dad's laptop and I began to play around with the settings (e.g. Arctic in winter, Plains in fall). I forget what the settings where, though, but all the wolves where nine months. I was male Alpha of the pack, Stalker, but the female Alpha didn't come to me. I'm guessing it was just a glitch. :scratch:Even though i'v played the game for about... Probably a year, I'm still a "newbie".
Back to top Go down
SunsetCoyote
Texture Designer
Texture Designer
SunsetCoyote

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime01/12/13, 01:12 am

I correct myself when I said you cant start out at nine months, because in the Arctic you can. But, that does not mean you can mate when you start out, if you start out at nine months, you have to wait the next nine months before you can mate. If you hate waiting (like me) its best to play in the plains, pick winter time, then you will start out at eight months, which is perfect because you have to wait only one month. But if you don't like playing in the Plains (like me) play in the Timber in winter, then you will start out at seven months. Or if you like Arctic start out in winter, I believe you will start out at six months. So your mate not coming to you wanting to mate when you started out was no glitch, just wrong time. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime01/12/13, 09:15 am

Wink Seems like the game prepares the AI for mating in the 8th month and triggers it on the 1st of 9th.
Back to top Go down
JordyWolfLover

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-05-15

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime15/05/14, 07:01 am

This is my main issue about mating on this game. I do greatly enjoy the game but, this question has lingered on me for idk how long.

How long do you have to wait in real life time to age in the game?
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime15/05/14, 07:49 am

Age in the matter of months: About an hour or two, depending on your playing style.
Age in the matter of years: Much longer.

Chance of surviving latter: Good when using regular saves, bad when you try it as one shot.
Back to top Go down
JordyWolfLover

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime15/05/14, 05:14 pm

Playing style? May i ask what you mean? I should be playing it as a normal style.. I mean last night for instance i went on the game, i made a new game im playing the alpha male Centarous and im at 8 mouths. First thing i did i ran away from humans, the second thing i did was find water, then i found a carcass then i went to sleep lol
Back to top Go down
SunsetCoyote
Texture Designer
Texture Designer
SunsetCoyote

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime16/05/14, 04:12 am

she means if you use the fast forward play style... I think xD you can use this method by starting your game then press Alt + F12 it will completely speed up your game where you don't have wait an hour to age up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime16/05/14, 09:47 am

:3 Yes. That's what I meant. If you lie down by pressing L, time speeds up a lot already. Stuff like moons, sunset/sunrise and weather changes will be skipped as well. If you additionally use said key combination (and have low cycles setup for dosbox) days will literally fly by Smile
Back to top Go down
JordyWolfLover

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime16/05/14, 05:45 pm

Oh awesome i didn't know that, sweet thanks!
Back to top Go down
JordyWolfLover

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime16/05/14, 06:49 pm

but how long do you have to do the Alt+F12 thing? for an hour as well or just for a few mins? cuz i did it a few times and i didn't age, i also did the L thing to
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime17/05/14, 08:47 am

Until your fingers hurt I'm afraid. There's no way to toggle the speed mode for dosbox.  Suspect  Too bad..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial   [WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[WOLF] [TUTORIAL] My Basic Tutorial
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next