Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crazy moments in Wolf

Go down 
+8
Taru
Libitina
Serendipity
Ambaralis
Danny Phantom Fan
Kytaradragon
Kouga
destinycalls
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
destinycalls

destinycalls

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Crazy moments in Wolf Empty
PostSubject: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime08/06/11, 07:52 pm

Yeah, fail title FTW XD
anyways this is for people who want to share funny, annoying, or unexplainable moments. I have a couple that both occurred on the same file actually.

When I just started to play my first file, I had watched the demo, so after I beat the alpha I was still upset about something so I said this: "I would love to see a plane come and shoot him..." (I'm so nice XD) Then, a couple game days later, he was fallowing me to a small pond because we were dying of thirst, at that point in game play I had no sound effects and couldn't hear the plane approaching us. Just my luck, I had no energy left so I had to trot, then I see the shadow of it, I just skimmed the wing, but lived, sadly for QuietTrot, he ran away, but he didn't get away fast enough. pale

The second time wasn't as much of a coincidence but I'll share it anyways.
Keep in mind I had no idea pup colors were randomly chosen. Smile

Well, I finally had my first litter in the game, after 4 terrible game months XD So i decided to name my first pup Storm, after a character in my story, he is supposed to be dark gray. Then I was stuck with the 2nd, I had no idea what to name her (Since the naming is Male,Female,male,female I thought the colors would be Gray,White,Gray,White after the parents. X3) I was about to name her SnowFlake, but I decided I should name her Renn after a character in The Chronicles of ancient Darkness. Good thing I did because the pups turned out to be Dark Gray (Storm) and Brown (Renn)

Just thought I'd start a little discussion since I can't find one like it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime08/06/11, 08:36 pm

Hehe, lovely Razz

Hm.. strange moments in WOLF?

I had something strange once. Well, not crazy, actually logical, my pack starved. There was no prey near the territory so they didn't bother to go hunting. Strange enough; I ALWAYS found food, even within the territory. Hrmpf! Stupid pack, I had to feed my pups since each new 'mother' starved too.
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
destinycalls

destinycalls

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime08/06/11, 08:49 pm

Inuyasha22 wrote:
Hehe, lovely Razz

Hm.. strange moments in WOLF?

I had something strange once. Well, not crazy, actually logical, my pack starved. There was no prey near the territory so they didn't bother to go hunting. Strange enough; I ALWAYS found food, even within the territory. Hrmpf! Stupid pack, I had to feed my pups since each new 'mother' starved too.

lol! That must have gotten annoying.
Back to top Go down
Kytaradragon

Kytaradragon

Number of posts : 51
Ort : I change it every two weeks, so that they don't catch me.
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime08/06/11, 10:01 pm

O.o That stuff is pretty weird...

One time, (I was Centaurus) I was 18 spaces away from my den, tracking some deer. I found another pack, and they were sleeping on the other side of the screen. The alpha male suddenly poofed awake and attacked me from the other side of the screen like a ninja. Then he magically went back to sleep as I limped away with only a tiny bar of green health left...

I know that's how the game works, but why WOLF made the other packs attack ninjas is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blizzardchoruswolves.wetpaint.com
destinycalls

destinycalls

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime08/06/11, 10:09 pm

lol! I love how you related them to ninjas XD my wolf was shot by a hunter in one of my files, so as I was looking for my pack I found Centaurus, then he killed me. XDD
Back to top Go down
Kytaradragon

Kytaradragon

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime08/06/11, 10:23 pm

destinycalls wrote:
lol! I love how you related them to ninjas XD my wolf was shot by a hunter in one of my files, so as I was looking for my pack I found Centaurus, then he killed me. XDD

Thanks! I like ninjas, and it seemed to fit.

Whoops, wheh heh. I hope my Centaurus never meets you, you must have a grudge about that.
Back to top Go down
destinycalls

destinycalls

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime08/06/11, 10:53 pm

Not really, XD Back then i didn't know how to save anyways. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kytaradragon

Kytaradragon

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime08/06/11, 11:42 pm

*Centaurus sighs with releif and peeks around the corner*

You didn't? Figures. It took me a while to figure out how. Button mashing works REALLY well.
Back to top Go down
destinycalls

destinycalls

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime08/06/11, 11:54 pm

Laughing I just used YouTube tutorials. X3
Back to top Go down
Kytaradragon

Kytaradragon

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime09/06/11, 12:46 am

Oooohmygosh. XD The tutorials are a little hap-hazard, but they work. I dunno, I just like figuring things out myself. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to reasearch on how to get Centaurus a sex change. (Hexing)
Back to top Go down
Danny Phantom Fan
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Danny Phantom Fan

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime09/06/11, 02:20 am

WOLF is amazingly bugged! My crazy moment, iwas walking and a plane came and shot me, but there obviously there was a bug and when it shot the second time, and the screen that said "Rumor died of a bullet wound" it just put me back in the game! Lucky bug. Hehe.

Last edited by dozer2010 on 09/06/11, 02:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I ahve good, gramer, but can spell horribly at times. In toher words, fixing spelling and gramer.)
Back to top Go down
destinycalls

destinycalls

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime09/06/11, 11:15 am

XD I think Wolf is pretty good for a game made in the 90's, they didn't have the de-bugging stuff we have today. That might also be from hexing a lot, but since I've never hexed i don't know. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kytaradragon

Kytaradragon

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime09/06/11, 02:50 pm

I've never actually run into any major bugs. One thing that irritates me, though, is that I can't attack loners. Nimrod was hanging around our den, and Rumour mauled him. I chased him for eight spaces, and when I caught up, I couldn't attack him! D:<
I know how it's supposed to work, but it's the same as the ninja wolves. Meh.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime09/06/11, 04:07 pm

Actually they did better than most game-developers today. Today's games are instable, eat a whole lot of memory and hard drive space. WOLF is different. It rarely crashes (in case you're hacking this doesn't count), uses at most 64MB memory and is around 30 MB on the hard drive.

SURPASS THIS, EA GAMES! òo Hah!
Back to top Go down
Kytaradragon

Kytaradragon

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime09/06/11, 06:20 pm

Ehehehheh, that's right. Go Sanc' Woods!
Back to top Go down
Ambaralis

Ambaralis

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime11/06/11, 02:44 am

Ok so once (im rumor) i was walking with my pack. i has sound off cause i was listening to music and my pack scattered. [Me: WTF is going on here? Pack: RUN AWAY!] Then a plane came along and shot me. [Me: crap im dead Game: no your not, superwolf!] and it shot me again... still not dead. and i only had a speck of red health left. thankfuly my pack just killed an elk so i ate and ate snow and then just slept FOREVER and i healed :>
Back to top Go down
http://coorojaden.deviantart.com/
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime11/06/11, 08:21 am

Wow, that's pretty strange xD Some invincible wolf! I thought you'd pressed B or something. Razz
Back to top Go down
destinycalls

destinycalls

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime13/06/11, 02:54 am

Wow, wish that could have happened to me, I was using my plains file, and my wolf was dying of thirst, but the sound of a plane was close by. I took my chances, then as my wolf starts to finish the plane comes, here i am trying to get my wolf to stop, but it just kept happily drinking, next thing i know my wolf is dead, halfway in the water. XD
Back to top Go down
Kytaradragon

Kytaradragon

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime13/06/11, 02:57 pm

X.o That's nice... one stupid wolf. XD Invincible wolf? That sounds like a glitcheth to me. Rumour's lucky break?
Back to top Go down
Serendipity

Serendipity

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime03/07/11, 05:46 am

Ninja's they get you every time ._.

Ever hear of the ninja hunters?

I was just walking around, being a good little wolf. I didn't see, smell or hear anything. All I heard was a gunshot. My computer went wacko, and the game minimized itself, when it came back up, there was a dead wolf next to me. I had no idea how it had gotten there, it was just a dead wolf. Well, I ran away from there, and suddenly I hear a plane. Well, no shadow, at all, just a gunshot, and I was dead.

They are ninja's, ninja's I tell you! D=
Back to top Go down
Kytaradragon

Kytaradragon

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime04/07/11, 11:18 pm

Serendipity wrote:
Ninja's they get you every time ._.

Ever hear of the ninja hunters?

I was just walking around, being a good little wolf. I didn't see, smell or hear anything. All I heard was a gunshot. My computer went wacko, and the game minimized itself, when it came back up, there was a dead wolf next to me. I had no idea how it had gotten there, it was just a dead wolf. Well, I ran away from there, and suddenly I hear a plane. Well, no shadow, at all, just a gunshot, and I was dead.

They are ninja's, ninja's I tell you! D=

AAAHH! The ninjas! RUUN! The attackl ninjas are going to KILL us!!!
(Guess who their leader is...)
Back to top Go down
Serendipity

Serendipity

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime06/07/11, 12:45 am

Your the leader right? ^-^
Back to top Go down
Libitina

Libitina

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime13/07/11, 11:14 pm

I'mNotNormal wrote:
I've never actually run into any major bugs. One thing that irritates me, though, is that I can't attack loners. Nimrod was hanging around our den, and Rumour mauled him. I chased him for eight spaces, and when I caught up, I couldn't attack him! D:<

Actually, you can only attack loners once, if any member of your pack attacked them already, then you can't attack them. I found this out when I attacked and chased away a loner and it wouldn't let me attack him again.
Back to top Go down
Taru

Taru

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime14/07/11, 06:39 pm

Libitina wrote:
I'mNotNormal wrote:

Actually, you can only attack loners once, if any member of your pack attacked them already, then you can't attack them. I found this out when I attacked and chased away a loner and it wouldn't let me attack him again.

This is only true because when a loner is attacked, they run out of the territory. Loners can only be attacked when they are in your pack's territory.
Back to top Go down
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img13/7633/dakota2.gif
kuriblade

kuriblade

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime08/09/11, 11:19 pm

lol sounds funny reading all of these XD
Well on my most recent game files i was playing as Surge and luckily or not he turned out to be alpha right off the bat. So im just troting along with the pack off to kill some unlucky elk and all of a sudden i see the quotes thing and i was like "what the hell?!" Then Wilder (who was in my pack) just bites me and leaves and runs away. Then i say in my mind "Oh I wish I could attack you haha." Ninja Wilder o3o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crazy moments in Wolf   Crazy moments in Wolf Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crazy moments in Wolf
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next