Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WOLF Online Ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2012-08-03

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime11/10/12, 04:31 am

For a long time, I've been wanting somewhere to post my ideas for the game, so I finally got the idea, "Why not just make a topic?"
My ideas:

-Ranger NPCs, harmless humans that are sometimes found near hunters
-You can attack rangers and hunters, but it'd be a pretty stupid idea, like in lion
-There is a small reserve in the timber where hunters will rarely hunt, but to keep everyone from crowding up there, prey only stays for two days, goes away for another two days, and comes back the next two days, and continues that cycle
-The reserve surrounds a small lake that is dry in the summer
-Domestic hunting dogs
-Hunters kill prey, as well
-More land marks than WOLF did, so you don't get lost
-A more specific encounter system, not just "dominate" or "play"
-Why is there a Siberian tiger NPC? O.o
-Ravens fly and land near carcasses, appearing to eat them but not actually depleting from the amount left
-Ravens fly away if you get too close
-A road with cars, where if you step in front of a vehicle too suddenly you could be either killed or seriously injured
-If you hang out in the middle of the road, when a car comes, it will stop and honk at you
-When a wolf dies, it becomes a carcass inedible by other wolves but disappears over time
-Ravens hang around wolf carcasses as well
-Hunters aim for larger, stronger wolves, not just shooting randomly at every thing they see -.-
-Hunters set traps
-Some random NPC that there's only one of in the whole map as a joke, like a walrus XD
-Herds of cattle you can hunt at your own risk (WQ reference, that was actually one of their few good ideas)
-The domestic hunting dogs are blackish-brown, but if they're white, they only hurt you if you get too close to the cattle
-White herding dogs walk around the edges of the cattle herds

Post your own ideas! Very Happy

Last edited by ChickenPaste on 11/10/12, 03:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime11/10/12, 10:51 am

I love the ideas. What's missing is a link where to actually GET sprites for that all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime11/10/12, 02:53 pm

Thanks! Very Happy
As for the human sprites, we can just edit the already-made hunter sprites to look like game wardens and that kind of stuff. For the hunting and herding dogs, they could be edited coyotes/foxes with floppy ears and thin tails. If that doesn't work, I'm sure we can find a good sprite maker somewhere on the internet. IAAIKI is currently working on an owl sprite for my game.
Back to top Go down
SunsetCoyote
Texture Designer
Texture Designer
SunsetCoyote

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2012-03-25

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime11/10/12, 03:01 pm

and im going to try and do those markings useing Gimp, I didnt even think about it until now. Smile
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime11/10/12, 03:06 pm

Thanks. :3 Is GIMP working out for you?
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime11/10/12, 03:16 pm

Since I had little time this morning, here's a bit more about what I think of your suggestions ;D

vVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvV

Ranger NPCs, harmless humans that are sometimes found near hunters
- Already existing. They will hunt down sick wolves and those which hunt pets

You can attack rangers and hunters, but it'd be a pretty stupid idea, like in lion
- Sick wolves may do so ;P

There is a small reserve in the timber where hunters will rarely hunt, but to keep everyone from crowding up there, prey only stays
for two days, goes away for another two days, and comes back the next two days, and continues that cycle
- xD Will fail since that'd require us to actually create the maps by hand which isn't going to happen.

The reserve surrounds a small lake that is dry in the summer
- Dry? In Summer? Oo We're not talking about onLION here, are we? XD

Domestic hunting dogs
The domestic hunting dogs are blackish-brown, but if they're white, they only hurt you if you get too close to the cattle
White herding dogs walk around the edges of the cattle herds
- Sprites please! Running, Walking, dead, more than 3 frames.

Hunters kill prey, as well
- Yeah, thought of it. Razz *puts it on the list*

More land marks than WOLF did, so you don't get lost
- Laaaaaand maaaaarks?

A more specific encounter system, not just "dominate" or "play"
- Already built in

Why is there a Siberian tiger NPC? O.o
- >D Because there's a cougar, too. A bit more variety.

Ravens fly and land near carcasses, appearing to eat them but not actually depleting from the amount left
Ravens fly away if you get too close
Ravens hang around wolf carcasses as well
- Landing sprites?

A road with cars, where if you step in front of a vehicle too suddenly you could be either killed or seriously injured
If you hang out in the middle of the road, when a car comes, it will stop and honk at you
- Erm.. where's that street supposed to be placed? How's the map-creator software supposed to generate such a world xD

When a wolf dies, it becomes a carcass inedible by other wolves but disappears over time
- What's the purpose of that o_o' I never understood it in WOLF either.

Hunters aim for larger, stronger wolves, not just shooting randomly at every thing they see -.-
Hunters set traps
- Why not firing at everyone Very Happy?

Some random NPC that there's only one of in the whole map as a joke, like a walrus XD
- ... xD That suggestion is a joke.

Herds of cattle you can hunt at your own risk (WQ reference, that was actually one of their few good ideas)
- Part of the ranger-AI. Smile
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime11/10/12, 03:28 pm

Thanks! :3
Though I can't create the sprites since I don't know what their related sprites look like, I can say that 1# Wolf carcasses will make it more realistic as far as scenery 2# Rivers and lakes in forest actually DO dry up in dry weather 3# Lol, I forgot it was randomly generated. 4# Land marks can be automatically generated, but unique as far as their location, like a specifically large tree, or a big boulder, or a meadow in a clearing 5# Yes, the walrus suggestion is a joke XD 6# I'll look for some good sprite makers you could hire. :3
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime11/10/12, 05:25 pm

;P Only if those spriters do it for free.. (nobody donates so we can't hire paid ones Wink)
Back to top Go down
SunsetCoyote
Texture Designer
Texture Designer
SunsetCoyote

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime11/10/12, 08:45 pm

when you say sprites do you mean those tiny models?
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime11/10/12, 10:12 pm

Sprites, as in most of the objects in a game. For example, in WOLF, sprites would wolves, trees, deer, etc.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime12/10/12, 03:14 am

ChickenPaste wrote:
Sprites, as in most of the objects in a game. For example, in WOLF, sprites would wolves, trees, deer, etc.

Exactly. Razz Though there's no doubt that some sprites are made FROM models (like Zoo Tycoon's stuff.. they're clearly based on 3d models)
Back to top Go down
SunsetCoyote
Texture Designer
Texture Designer
SunsetCoyote

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime12/10/12, 03:22 am

how hard would it be to make a 3d game?
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime12/10/12, 05:04 am

Not too hard I guess... Razz All it needs is a programmer who is actually ABLE to create 3d stuff. Though I still plan to put in some sort of 3d-like mode into WO..
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime12/10/12, 05:48 am

I got a 3D modelling program once. The farthest I ever got was making a deformed cylinder. o.o
Back to top Go down
Red

Red

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-07-09

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime09/07/13, 08:19 pm

Cool, Awesome ideas!
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

Number of posts : 1191
Registration date : 2012-07-24

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime09/07/13, 09:47 pm

Nice idea's CP! Wish I could help with the sprites, but I'm hopeless with that. I'll leave you awesome people to do it while I cheer you on! Wink
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime10/07/13, 04:29 pm

XD Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WOLF Online Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOLF Online Ideas   WOLF Online Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOLF Online Ideas
Page 1 of 1