Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2012-08-03

I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me.   I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime24/11/12, 04:00 am

Lol, No problem. :3
Back to top Go down
minsc_tdp

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: same problem   I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/02/13, 05:38 pm

Hi all,

Same problem here. Started server and client as Administrator. Added Firewall exception for the server. Disabeld antivirus. No go.

When the game screen loads I see the wolf in the center. Arrow keys do nothing. Tried every key on the keyboard, nothing happens, except I do see packet log messages under the F1 screen such as INFO:PACKET_POSINGTOMAP when some keys are pressed.

The EXEs are talking because I can set Weather and that works, and I can load my profile and PACKET_SEND_PROFILE appears in the Debug window.

Funny story: I used to do tech support for the original Sanctuary Woods product back in 1994. I recall having a few exchanges with the developers, they were nice folks. Also used to support DOOM, Descent, and many other products (at an outsourced support provider in Colorado.) We used to run a 900 hint line for Doom and even though it was for-profit, supporting the product had priority so they wanted us off the 900 lines as quickly as possible, so they encouraged us to play the game all day long while doing support in order to handle those calls more quickly. We used to have 8 man Descent multiplayer tourneys during lunch. Good times! Shout out to all my StarPak bros.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me.   I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/02/13, 06:30 pm

So you're the first pro here Very Happy Welcome.

Concerning the problem... The game is being recoded right now. The original code had major flaws resulting in the strangest bugs (unreproduceable ones in that matter most of the time). With Darwin's World I learned some new methods to do things so the new version will (hopefully) be more reliable...
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
minsc_tdp

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me.   I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/02/13, 11:32 pm

Pro lol, I guess you can say that. I do work in technology professionally, but that's not saying a lot these days.

What is this programmed in?
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me.   I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/02/13, 12:55 am

Whoo! :D Welcome to the team, Minsc!
You should join the RW team. You're the most technologically educated person on the site I've seen so far. I would join, if I could do anything. XD
Hope the issue gets solved!
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me.   I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/02/13, 01:16 pm

minsc_tdp wrote:
Pro lol, I guess you can say that. I do work in technology professionally, but that's not saying a lot these days.

What is this programmed in?

It's programmed in Visual Basic 6 Smile I know there're better languages, but this started with vb6 and will end with vb6 I guess... Maybe someday an upgrade to vb.net but that's all ^^
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me.   I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I hate having to post again, but no one's helping me.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raven-Woods Forum :: The Team :: WOLF Online :: Support-
Jump to: