Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Techwolf77

Techwolf77

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems Empty
PostSubject: Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems   Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems Icon_minitime14/04/13, 11:45 pm

I cannot seem to get the OCX and DLL files registered when I drag them. and also when I try running Render.exe my wolf is all messed up and I cannot click multiplayer for some reason.

BTW is This the new Wolf Online? I really liked the old version better. Plus the new wolf sprites annoy me, they just don't look right.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems   Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems Icon_minitime15/04/13, 02:18 pm

"Can't get the ocx and dll files"
- What?

"Try running Render.exe"
- So you did run it, got into singleplayer and found what? Very Happy A screenshot might be helpful here!

"BTW is This the new Wolf Online? I really liked the old version better. "
- Yes. It is. And the old version was bugged to no end so I had to recode some/many parts of it. The result is a still not fully debugged but at least kinda stable game.

"Plus the new wolf sprites annoy me, they just don't look right."
- Excuse me. xD Am I supposed to use the full spriteset for a game that's not fully debugged yet? Later, when the full version is released, you may use any spriteset you deem worthy. In fact, you can make any sort of animal simulation with it. Doesn't have to be wolves either.
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
Techwolf77

Techwolf77

PostSubject: Re: Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems   Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems Icon_minitime15/04/13, 10:32 pm

So when the full version is released, I can make my dragon game?

BTW I'm trying to make my dragon game now, Just searching for a good engine.

and also Is your engine good for it? Or do I need that special compile you mentioned a long time ago in one of my posts?
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems   Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems Icon_minitime16/04/13, 12:42 am

Depends on what your dragon game is supposed to become like. If you need a fancy 3d engine it won't work Wink If your dragons are supposed to be in an enviroment that's either prey or hunting the dragons; closer. Villages aren't possible yet (I think, some fine-tuning might fix that though).
Back to top Go down
Techwolf77

Techwolf77

PostSubject: Re: Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems   Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems Icon_minitime16/04/13, 02:21 am

Actually, I'm making a game where you ARE the dragon. Comes with the option of being a gryphon too. Did you see my post in the Co-operation with other teams board? This game will be VERY similar to Wolf Online because it will be multiplayer but you are a dragon or gryphon. To find out more (I actually think you posted there) it's that topic that's titled, "would this be a cool idea for a game?" In the Co-operation with other teams board.

And there will be no humans until part two.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems   Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems Icon_minitime16/04/13, 10:21 am

Ah, I see... Hm, well, I planned to implement race-choice for multiplayer anyway ... oo Wink Just for the notices.. if you use WO/DW for it, you will have a singleplayer-mode delivered with it.
Back to top Go down
Techwolf77

Techwolf77

PostSubject: Re: Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems   Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems Icon_minitime16/04/13, 07:52 pm

ok, so now what? If I use Wolf Online's game engine Darwin's Words, how will I set it up? and how do I make the controls? and how can I get my character to fly?
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems   Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems Icon_minitime16/04/13, 10:03 pm

Razz You will just need to setup the creatures, objects etc. The game does the leftover stuff by itself. EVERYTHING. XD
Back to top Go down
Techwolf77

Techwolf77

PostSubject: Re: Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems   Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems Icon_minitime16/04/13, 10:36 pm

wow cool! Very Happy ok then thx!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems   Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Error when dragging ocx and dll files onto the exe and other problems
Page 1 of 1