Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Controls for Wolf Online

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gozoo

gozoo

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Controls for Wolf Online Empty
PostSubject: Controls for Wolf Online   Controls for Wolf Online Icon_minitime02/09/11, 09:21 pm

Okay, this is what I found out so far from various button pressing on my very much abused keyboard:

Arrow keys: *movement
* press 2 keys at the same time to move diagonally

The 3 interaction stances between wolves:
A- Aggressive: teeth bared, fur bristling, tail up
S- Submissive: head bowed, tail between legs
F- Playful (Seriously? F is for playful? That makes no sense. ><): tail wagging, jovial expression

None of the other letters of the alphabet seem to do anything, though.

F1: Map coordinates
F2: Ground (? Is it supposed to refer to pixels?)
F3: Mask (Like a vector mask?)
F4: Mask2 (???)
F5: Fringe (Is that supposed to be the outside of the map or something?)
F6: Fringe2 (Oh, the questions...)

Those are the only F-numbers that work.

None of the regular number keys work, and neither do the NumPad keys.

The Esc key closes the window.

Misc. buttons that don't seem to have a function:

ctrl
tab
enter
backspace
hyphen (-)
plus sign (+)
brackets ([ ])
backslash (\)
semi-colon (Wink
apostrophe (')
shift
alt-12 (so, no more fastforwarding time, huh? D:)
space

Those are the only keys I've dared to try so far. So, there's no Map key, no See key, and no Hear key... Also, some of the wolf buttons on the control panel don't work (i.e. marking territory, lie down/sit down).

I hope the game will be improved soon...
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Controls for Wolf Online   Controls for Wolf Online Icon_minitime02/09/11, 11:04 pm

It's been improved from what it's been before. It's come far, if you were here, you would of known.

Yes, there are bugs to iron out still. As for the keys', still being worked on, as for all of them not likely all of them are going to have a use.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livestream.com/twischannel
gozoo

gozoo

PostSubject: Re: Controls for Wolf Online   Controls for Wolf Online Icon_minitime03/09/11, 03:15 am

I tried those keys out today, so yeah, I was (and am) here. In fact, I downloaded one of the original released versions a year or two back (time flies, huh?). Razz

I just wanted to know if there will be some more keys available soon (maybe in the coming months; this project will probably take a lot of effort, so it'll of course take time to improve)- you don't have to come across so rudely, you know...

I haven't tried any other keys yet, though. Is it possible that one of the developers might drop a more official list of keys? I only found those keys through systematic guessing, and I don't know what other features there might be in the current version.
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Controls for Wolf Online   Controls for Wolf Online Icon_minitime03/09/11, 03:33 am

gozoo wrote:
I tried those keys out today, so yeah, I was (and am) here. In fact, I downloaded one of the original released versions a year or two back (time flies, huh?). Razz

I just wanted to know if there will be some more keys available soon (maybe in the coming months; this project will probably take a lot of effort, so it'll of course take time to improve)- you don't have to come across so rudely, you know...

I haven't tried any other keys yet, though. Is it possible that one of the developers might drop a more official list of keys? I only found those keys through systematic guessing, and I don't know what other features there might be in the current version.

I wasn't coming off as rude. I was stating facts, simply.

As for that, can't say. You'd have to ask Inu, shes' the one programming the whole game her self. I do believe, then again
I haven't heard of anyone helping her program the game at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livestream.com/twischannel
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Controls for Wolf Online   Controls for Wolf Online Icon_minitime03/09/11, 11:14 am

Well, there WERE people who TRIED to help but vb6 can be a headache x_x Especially to those who aren't used to it but more advanced developement enviroments. About the keys; those random ones won't be used. ^^

Ground, Mask, Mask2, Fringe and Fringe2 are the layers the games uses to display it's graphics. The F-Keys are for debugging purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
gozoo

gozoo

PostSubject: Re: Controls for Wolf Online   Controls for Wolf Online Icon_minitime03/09/11, 02:40 pm

Thanks for answering, Inu. Smile

Are you planning on adding the original keys from WOLF, or are you going to make it so that all buttons must be cllicked on the screen (that control panel with the wolf icons)?
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Controls for Wolf Online   Controls for Wolf Online Icon_minitime03/09/11, 03:16 pm

Actually they ARE already added. Technically. ^^° If they're working is another question.
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Controls for Wolf Online   Controls for Wolf Online Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Controls for Wolf Online
Page 1 of 1