Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Full wolf installation?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frooblet11

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Full wolf installation? Empty
PostSubject: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 07:53 pm

Ok, so i have wolf installed, i searched up on the forums and youtube and theres nobody who can explain simply how to setup wolf online so it works.

Please help me! ive being starting to think that other people are already playing. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 08:02 pm

What does not work (now don't go and say "the game" or I'll bite you xD)? When does it not work, how does it not work?
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
Frooblet11

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 08:07 pm

The problem is like other peoples problem, when i click engine it gives me untime error 429 cant create object.

I was looking on the forums and it sayed i have to take regsvr32 into the main folder which is \Desktop\WOLF ONLINE folder\WODW
Back to top Go down
Frooblet11

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 08:09 pm

Wait i dont know what im saying. Sorry i get hesetaint when ive being waiting years to play this

Lets just say i had the runtime error 429 alright?
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

Number of posts : 1191
Registration date : 2012-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 08:11 pm

Oh and by the way...
Nobody can play online together yet. :3
Just want to help you stop panicking about that. XD
Back to top Go down
Frooblet11

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 08:14 pm

I know that, i just wanted to test it out because im sick of the old games wolf and lion XD

so can you type me a simple tutorial, step by step on how to set it up so it works after the download is finished?

Btw, pewdiepie rocks *brofist*
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 08:25 pm

Yay a bro! Very Happy *brofist!*

I'm afraid I forgot; anyway, all you can do at the moment is walk around. ^^ But if you're so interested, I'm sure that there's a tutorial somewhere..

https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net/t948-runtime-error-429

I found this, maybe this can help?
Back to top Go down
Frooblet11

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 08:48 pm

When i put the dx8vb.dll in regsvr32, it says Dll Register Server in.

i thought it was gonna work, i pressed engine and it said The program cant start because dx8vb.dll is missing from your computer.

do i have to copy dx8vb.dll to where the tutorial said it would be found? in windows and system32?
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 09:26 pm

@Chloe:
>.< Untrue! You can do more than running around! The AI is buggy but awesome xD Haha.. *self-praise*

@Frooblet11:
You drag the dll on regsrv32.exe ... if it says something like "erfolgreich" then it's okay. If it doesn't, make sure the exe is running as administrator (right-click->properties->compability->Run as administrator must be ticked). If you can't tick this one, you probably need help of someone with admin rights for your computer. Basketball 
Back to top Go down
Frooblet11

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 09:31 pm

LOL! i thought that gibberesh was dutch or something. yes it does say that. and to tick is to make it permenently need admin permmision? because if it does, i already did that.
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 09:35 pm

Oh, sorry! XD That's all that works for me at the moment. XP But its still exciting. :3
Back to top Go down
Frooblet11

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 09:40 pm

How do i start the game?

Plus this link https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net/t948-runtime-error-429 was posted in 2008. its 2013! there has to be a better nway to do it since its being updated.
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 09:43 pm

Inuyasha22 wrote:
@Frooblet11:
You drag the dll on regsrv32.exe ... if it says something like "erfolgreich" then it's okay. If it doesn't, make sure the exe is running as administrator (right-click->properties->compability->Run as administrator must be ticked). If you can't tick this one, you probably need help of someone with admin rights for your computer. Basketball 
Drag the dll on regsrv32.exe like Inu said. ^^ It should be up and running.

EDIT: o.O It says 2013 for me..
Back to top Go down
Frooblet11

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 09:49 pm

It doesent do anything when i drag the dll on the exe

im starting to feel like its gonna be a long time before i get to play wolf online.
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 09:56 pm

Hmmm.. If your problem isn't sorted out today, (it probably will) I promise you that I'll play around and try and find a solution. X3 (I don't know where you live. But it's 11pm here so I need some rest. XD) I'll bet Inu will be able to solve your problem. Sometimes you just miss something small and simple. ;P

EDIT: Hm, by the way, you definitely installed all the library files? Sorry - Thats all I can think of for now since I don't have my computer with me. Just my phone.
Back to top Go down
Frooblet11

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 10:01 pm

A video tutorial would help a lot. a video thats close to like installing mods on minecraft? that kind of video but installing wolf online.
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime29/08/13, 10:08 pm

Hm, it's a good idea. I might do one.. But it means having to download something to record videos. And most of the time, it involves money. Razz I'll guess I'll try and find something. But if its free, sometimes it lags/is a virus/too hard to work.
Well, that's what I've encountered. XP (Luckily not viruses)
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime30/08/13, 02:39 am

How about a tutorial with screenshots Very Happy?
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime30/08/13, 08:52 am

That could work too. XD

EDIT:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok! Found something!

Drag the regsvr32 onto Engine

Hope that works.. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full wolf installation?   Full wolf installation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full wolf installation?
Page 1 of 1