Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Alpha Male

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rozel
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-07

The Alpha Male Empty
PostSubject: The Alpha Male   The Alpha Male Icon_minitime09/07/10, 05:43 pm

The cold winter winds swept passed me, stinging my eyes and burning my paws. I was the Alpha of my pack, and did well to protect it, but when a human dared to cross over into our land my pack mates were angered and started growling. Each and every one of them charged towards the human, even the lovely Alpha Female, Rumour, joined in with them. I called to them to retreat, because I knew how dangerous humans were. I had been shot before and almost died. I barked and howled, but they only kept running, and so I retreated into the cold snow. I just knew I had to stay away.

Birds flew overhead and squawked but their noise was almost fully drowned out by the harsh winds. I stayed in one place for awhile, wondering if my pack was still alive, but my stomach hissed and growled. I let out one last summoning howl, but when nobody answered, I slowly tried to find my way to food. I did smell some very close by, but again, a human was in that direction, and so I could not go there. I traveled for awhile and drank from the snow when I could. The scent of humans were still strong in my nostrils, and then I realized there were two on either side closing in on me. All I could do was run.

I made my way beyond them. Still not pack, but the scent of wolf is now becoming stronger. But I had to let them find me, if they were still alive. I was the Alpha male after all. Who would not come looking for me? I was too tired to hunt, but I did find a carcass on the ground and chewed on it's fresh meat. As blood drizzled down my muzzle, my head turned back to see a my mate, the Alpha Female, walking through the fresh snow. Not long after, the rest of my pack eventually made it home. We were far from our original territory, but we were safe and together.

Without a doubt, I knew the humans had taken over our land. And soon they would spread. Their scent was so strong back there, and he'd been seeing to many. Truth be told, it wasn't long before the pack chased off the human that a giant metal bird had come. We were all confused, running in circles trying to get that horrid roaring sound out of our ears. I had actually ran straight into it's giant shadow and yet we all escaped without any wounds, thankfully.

And so, that is my first story. There are others before here in which I've experienced, but this is where I shall start my tale.

Last edited by Rozel on 09/07/10, 06:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rozel
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-07

The Alpha Male Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Male   The Alpha Male Icon_minitime09/07/10, 06:45 pm

We continued on our quest to simply survive. We had traveled far from our original home, but even so we were purely wanderers anyway. We would never stay at one den, of course, but it was nice to know there's somewhere you do own. I remember quite well that the ground was covered in snow, and tall trees reached around us. The Alpha female, Rumour, had started barking and running around. Was it some sort of warning? I watched her run, and so I followed, and so did the rest of the pack. I never saw or smelled anything of danger, but later on I realized what she was trying to say. The next day near the same area, a metal bird roared through the sky. We scattered and reunited, everyone safe.

We lived like wolves. Hunting for moose and caribou, licking up the snow from the icy ground for water, and showing of dominance to the other lower ranked wolves. But one night, when all was calm and still, and the cold snow was starting to vanish, a subordinate wolf got up, her gray coat glistening. I knew from a small while back she had been well in love with another member of our pack, but it didn't show until one night she vanished. I followed her trail which led to a den, and saw her scent marking the area. I'd stay a good eye on her, but not bother her as she prepared her den. She didn't really mind me or the others as they followed, but as long as we kept a respectable distance she was happy.

Back to top Go down

The Alpha Male
Page 1 of 1