Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wolf or WolfQuest?

Go down 
+8
Danny Phantom Fan
Kouga
ChickenPaste
Doom Dragon
sSilvers
Scarikas
Mishka
Shadow Spirit
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

WolfQuest or Wolf?
WOLF... :)
Wolf or WolfQuest? Vote_lcap62%Wolf or WolfQuest? Vote_rcap
 62% [ 16 ]
WolfQuest... :)
Wolf or WolfQuest? Vote_lcap12%Wolf or WolfQuest? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Both... :l
Wolf or WolfQuest? Vote_lcap26%Wolf or WolfQuest? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 7 ]
Both are bad... :(
Wolf or WolfQuest? Vote_lcap0%Wolf or WolfQuest? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Shadow Spirit

Shadow Spirit

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-11-21

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime15/01/12, 01:51 am

Which do you like better? WOLF or WolfQuest? Or do you like both?
Back to top Go down
Mishka

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-03-16

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Mishka   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime17/03/12, 08:46 pm

I like both games. They are both great simulation games.
Back to top Go down
Scarikas

Scarikas

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime20/03/12, 03:24 am

I like WOLF better, since you have a CHOICE...
Wolfquest just lazies up and tells you about what'le happen to your wolves in a tiny little sentence instead of getting to do it yourself. But your mate in WolfQuest actually gives a "dung" about your pups, unlike whatever mate you will have in WOLF.
There's also ranks and dominance. I like less straightforward simulations. Not like WolfQuest, which just goes "okay you have to get a mate and have pups and then take them through all this rediculous stuff of which they will run off in random directions until you get halfway across the map and then you win k?"

Also, WOLF is ALOT less laggy and glitchy.
Back to top Go down
sSilvers
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
sSilvers

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime03/04/12, 12:17 pm

Hm, I like both... WolfQuest has some more exploration value for me, but there seems to be more to do in WOLF.
Back to top Go down
Doom Dragon
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Doom Dragon

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime06/04/12, 04:17 pm

If I may add...I used to like WQ a lot, but having to wait years over a buggy update tends to get a little annoying. It seems that the majority of the team doesn't know what they are doing and talk of adding new things is being done then actually getting anything done. I also don't get the sense of freedom WOLF gives me.

But, WOLF, I really enjoy it as it has offered me hours of a fun,full simulation game. While WQ, only offers at the most a somewhat entertaining hunting experience.

I suppose this is why I'm so hyped about WOLF being Online, and that one Legend of the Moon thing.
Back to top Go down

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime21/08/12, 10:41 pm

Hmm... I'm kinda new here. So i choose here.

Wolfquest ugh please they are very inactive and they complain a lot.
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime30/08/12, 03:22 am

Yeah... WolfQuest used to be my favorite game... But there's so many glitches, and so few updates! I used to check back on the website everyday, hoping for some great new update with new places to go and more prey. But no, they're just begging for money, and whenever it seems like they have enough, "More donations!" "We're almost there!" Why is it that on WQ, you have to wait eight months for some stupid bug fix that for some reason costs hundreds of dollars, when WO has updates every day for free?

But over the two, even though it's not a simulation, FeralHeart remains my favorite wolf game. <3
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime30/08/12, 03:43 am

Razz If they'd finally implement some gameplay they'd be some serious rivals.. But as they still haven't coded hunting (not even a script system to begin with) FH remains a pure roleplay game. Though that may be only my opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime30/08/12, 04:07 am

Yes, it's a roleplay game, but it's by far the best roleplay game I've ever seen. It has amazing customization, beautiful soundtrack, friendly and hilarious members (mostly), and a fantastic way of keeping language in the chat under control. There, your allowed to say the sickest words ever, as long as it's not in public!

Back on topic, as far as WQ's gameplay, I find it a bit unrealistic. In the beginning, they tell you you'll starve if you don't hunt. I finished the entire Amythest Mountain without killing anything, because random carcasses appear every five seconds! And I've never read or heard anything about wolves actually moving their entire family miles away from their home for no apparent reason. What's the point in risking your pack's LIFE to howl in the middle of a forest?! And why is it that when a lone wolf comes into your territory, all you can do is chase it away? Why can't you recruit it?

All in all, it's a short, cheap game of tasks whose owners are too lazy to update anything but the forum. It's fun for a while, but soon bores me.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime30/08/12, 06:27 am

*claps paws for ChickenPaste* Nice said, friend. Though there's a flaw; lone wolves RARELY get accepted in a pack. It's more likely for them to get killed or snatch a female of the pack and become mates. (one of the reasons this won't be in Wolf Online either)
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime30/08/12, 04:05 pm

Thanks. And ok. But can you explain to me why they do the traveling thing? I never got that part.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime30/08/12, 05:32 pm

To find a mate and have a pack of their own. It's hard to be a lone wolf. You have to hunt all alone and can't afford to be careless...
Back to top Go down
Danny Phantom Fan
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Danny Phantom Fan

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-07-06

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime01/09/12, 12:37 am

No, Inu, I think she means heading to the rendezvous in WQ.
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime01/09/12, 12:45 am

Yeah... I was about to say, aren't they just pups? XD
Back to top Go down
SunsetCoyote
Texture Designer
Texture Designer
SunsetCoyote

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2012-03-25

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime01/09/12, 12:46 am

they would go to the rendezvous because the pups were old enough they did'nt need the den, plus the wolves would also follow prey and of course the parents would teach the pups how to hunt.
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime01/09/12, 12:51 am

Then how come they didn't add THAT in WQ?! That would've been a great and fun break from protecting them from being eaten by hawks every few seconds...
Back to top Go down
Danny Phantom Fan
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Danny Phantom Fan

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-07-06

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime01/09/12, 12:52 am

But, that doesn't make sense. The pips in the game are around.. Possibly a month, maybe two or three? Yea. The pups would still need the den, and the way WQ works.. Wolves can't starve. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to starve in WQ unless you specifically don't eat.
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime01/09/12, 12:56 am

That's two other things that bug me. The pups are still too small to possibly hunt anything (obviously, since they're still being chased by hawks and coyotes) and while you can't starve, your mate and your pups can. You're pretty much immortal if you stay alone.
Back to top Go down
SunsetCoyote
Texture Designer
Texture Designer
SunsetCoyote

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime01/09/12, 12:58 am

WQ is very cheap, plus wolves change dens every few months, no matter how small they are.
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime01/09/12, 12:59 am

-.- It's sad, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
SunsetCoyote
Texture Designer
Texture Designer
SunsetCoyote

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime01/09/12, 01:01 am

what is? the pups moving all the time? or WQ being cheap?
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime01/09/12, 01:02 am

WQ being cheap. It had such potential.
Back to top Go down
SunsetCoyote
Texture Designer
Texture Designer
SunsetCoyote

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime01/09/12, 01:06 am

yes it did but now its loseing everyone, because of what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
ChickenPaste
Model Artist
Model Artist
ChickenPaste

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime01/09/12, 05:04 pm

What do you mean? Being lazy?
Back to top Go down
SunsetCoyote
Texture Designer
Texture Designer
SunsetCoyote

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime02/09/12, 03:25 am

yes plus a lot of people left because of the chat filter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wolf or WolfQuest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolf or WolfQuest?   Wolf or WolfQuest? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolf or WolfQuest?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next