Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WolfQuest in WOLF

Go down 
+4
winter
Alcuzeyk
Arctos_Howling
WhiteWolf
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime08/03/10, 09:25 pm

Yeah, the game just decided to give another funny screenshot.
There you go:

WolfQuest in WOLF Wq_in_10

- Where you saw this before? Oh that's easy, Centaurus, in WQ there's a tree called "Dead Tree" where you can find a carcass every time you start a new game ... -
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-29

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime08/03/10, 09:57 pm

*lol*! Nice one. ^_^

Know what would be funny? If two randomly-spawning carcasses appeared right next to each other. That'd be a nice nod to WolfQuest too. X-D

---WhiteWolf
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime10/03/10, 10:25 pm

WolfQuest in WOLF Wq_in_11

- December the 20th, the same plague as in Amethyst Mountain reached the deers and cows in Wolf Haven Valley... masses of carcasses are found on the ground everywhere! - well.. not yet.. but soon to come! - -
Back to top Go down
Arctos_Howling
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Arctos_Howling

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-14

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime11/03/10, 12:42 am

LOL. Reminds me of the time I had killed something close to the den,got a drink turned around and there was another carcass beside the kill I made!
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime11/03/10, 07:43 am

*Chuckles* That's nice, I like that.

But yes, Amethyst Mountain's difficulty now has to be called completely into question just by the fact alone that when you kill an elk, another carcass pops up 10 feet away - 2 for the price of 1. I find that absolutely ridiculous, it's not as if there weren't enough carcasses already without additional ones being created when the player kills.

Slough Creek at least attempted to remedy this with fewer hand-placed carcasses, but they still had 'pick-up' carcasses appearing wherever you went. At least those spawned predators who could make trouble for you. But a real wolf should find hunger a threat much more often, especially if WolfQuest had implemented regurgitation in the style of WOLF. Where the regurgitated food comes directly out of your nourishment rather than having a separate 'food for cubs' bar - as if wolves had two stomachs.

Wow, it's pretty early in the morning for me to be ranting, sorry! ^_^; Rant over now.

---WhiteWolf
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime11/03/10, 01:43 pm

Yeah, they pretty much messed up the whole game...
There sure is potential in WQ but they didn't make use of it.

Maybe they can't do it or afford it...
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime11/03/10, 02:35 pm

It sounds like a Catch-22 situation to me. This is my opinion...

They have the capabilities to make the game more complex and challenging, more realistic, but because they aren't so experienced in making this kind of video game, and because it's such a problem to get the funding for the game, the quality of the game suffers. If they had adequate funding the project leaders would be able to train their existing staff or hire more experienced staff, which would let the team make full use of their time and enrich the game with new content.

But at the moment they're not as experienced so they can't make the content. The project doesn't have the money to give them the extra time they need on the project to flesh out the game. And they can't make full use of the limited time they do have because there isn't the money to provide them with the training they need to improve the quality of their work.

To avoid falling into this trap, I would much, much rather pay money for the game in exchange for receiving a better product, but they wouldn't want to do this because their target audience is children, who do not have an income. :-/ Very frustrating really.

Anyway, I'll veer back on topic now - I'll keep an eye out for interesting WOLF screens that remind me of WolfQuest and post them here when I've got them. ^_^

---WhiteWolf
Back to top Go down
Alcuzeyk
Reverse Engineer
Reverse Engineer
Alcuzeyk

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-09-25

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime16/03/10, 08:07 pm

This is a pretty good idea. I think I am gonna try to make one of these as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/linkslover25
winter

winter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-13

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime13/07/10, 11:40 pm

what would be espesially great is to combine the graphics and some gameplay of wolfquest (like picking up and training cubs) with the complexity of WOLF and its gameplay..... just an idea why not combine the 2 ^^ clown
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime01/08/10, 02:40 pm

Razz Learn to work with RealmCrafter Scripts and join our team. Then we'll create another WOLF game, this time in 3D xD
Back to top Go down
Doom Dragon
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Doom Dragon

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-09-29

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime19/08/10, 02:35 am

That's awesome. This never has happened to me before! Or if it has I just did not notice. Good job! Smile
Back to top Go down
Happylil

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: how do you download this?   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime16/02/11, 03:39 am

ok i got a question where do u download wolf online?! im DYING to know ><
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime16/02/11, 12:46 pm

oldgames.tk or abandonia
Back to top Go down
TheMoonLightWolf

TheMoonLightWolf

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-05-23

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime23/05/14, 04:56 pm

That's interesting how that was noticed. I have never played that game before and it looks fun. I've actually read a post about this on the WQ site a very long while ago. I do understand that there is a lot to it, like waiting until both wolves have full health and energy(something like that) for them to mate and have pups.
The dead tree, after reading that it was kinda like WQ, that instantly appeared into my mind. I figured, "Wow. So that game and WQ have some similarities and a lot of differences. Smile I really love those screenshots by the way. They look amazing!
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime24/05/14, 07:59 am

TheMoonLightWolf wrote:
That's interesting how that was noticed. I have never played that game before and it looks fun. I've actually read a post about this on the WQ site a very long while ago. I do understand that there is a lot to it, like waiting until both wolves have full health and energy(something like that) for them to mate and have pups.

Still convinced they should've tried to clone WOLF. Well, now they're too late. Razz

Inuyasha22 wrote:
Razz Learn to work with RealmCrafter Scripts and join our team. Then we'll create another WOLF game, this time in 3D xD

Hey, younger self. RealmCrafter is so out-of-date.. xD Unity rules! Interesting what changed in 4 years.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime08/05/23, 03:19 pm

Greetings, younger self from 2014.

Unity still rocks
Back to top Go down
Scarikas

Scarikas

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-08-31

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime11/08/23, 02:44 am

Kouga wrote:
Greetings, younger self from 2014.

Unity still rocks

hello i just saw you here on this forum all alone while on a nostalgia trip and i had to say hi. surprised i still remembered my acc credentials. hello !

i just noticed that you answered a few of my posts back in 2011, too. that is so wild.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime11/08/23, 06:29 am

Ikr?

Very Happy Hi by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WolfQuest in WOLF Empty
PostSubject: Re: WolfQuest in WOLF   WolfQuest in WOLF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WolfQuest in WOLF
Page 1 of 1