Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Inspirational Mate

Go down 
+2
hiday567
WhiteWolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime06/05/10, 02:43 pm

Winter was settling in over the Plains, but despite that, there was so much to be proud of. The young male, Vango, had just dispersed from his natal pack and found himself a mate not four weeks ago. Her name was Quickpad. She was a smoky grey female, four seasons older than himself, and she'd been captivated by his rugged good looks, his endurance, and his charm. Yes, this was a charismatic young wolf. For even though his mate was not yet two years of age, the male was a full year younger - a mere 8 months old. They were both in their prime and wonderful things were about to happen.

It was tough going sometimes as the pair broke in their new home. Vango had stayed awake all night and all day to scentmark their territory's borders, a precaution which ended up being a good thing, as it kept a nasty-looking mature female, Shadow, out of their midst. Vango's nerves were on edge at the sight of the black-pelted wolf sleeping just outside their borders and found himself glad she was not awake to discover the new neighbors. Quickpad was howling and begging him to rest but no amount of protesting would do it. He was that sort of wolf. He carried on until the job was finished.

The next day he made a pitiful meal of caribou leftovers, the scant meat that still clung to the bone, and when it was gone, they knew it was time to hunt. Quickpad, especially, was still hungry. The pair trotted off into the night towards the edge of their territory, where Vango knew there to be some more wounded caribou. But they did not find one this time, and as the night progressed, hastened on towards any weak-creature sound. They found a crippled moose a short distance away, but their stamina had been depleted running all night so it was an effort to try and bring it back towards the den. They had roamed much further than Vango was expecting to. Sides heaving, strength fading, they managed to turn it around. The long night wore on, relentless, and it was only a few miles from the den when suddenly Vango saw a rush of light-grey fur blur in front of him. Quickpad clamped her fangs onto the moose's tender flesh and, still awed from the sight, Vango jumped in to help her kill it. What a marvellous creature, taking charge like that and making the kill! Vango couldn't have had a better mate. She really was a fine alpha female. She feasted on the fresh meat, clearly famished, and Vango, looking at the sky, was ready for sleep. He howled encouragingly for her to join him but she needed some alone time, it seemed, for she merely strode on towards the den, perfectly ignoring him. Vango understood what this meant and, thoroughly tired from their efforts, slept until the golden rays of the sun broke through the trees.

---WhiteWolf
Back to top Go down
hiday567

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime01/06/10, 08:54 pm

wow Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Danny Phantom Fan
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Danny Phantom Fan

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-07-06

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime06/07/10, 04:32 pm

wow um did you make this up Question flower

Last edited by dozer2010 on 18/08/10, 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wigtho

Wigtho

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime07/07/10, 03:23 am

I don't believe WhiteWolf did. These things probably did happen, she/he has simply added more depth to the characters, and more human emotions.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime07/07/10, 05:58 am

No, as a matter of fact I did not. :-P The two wolves were in their late 8th month when it happened. Winter was still in progress. I did add more depth to the story by creating an idea of how the characters may have felt, just because it was boring to say that "the game did it" or "the AI did it" but that's all. :-P

---WhiteWolf
Back to top Go down
Wigtho

Wigtho

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime07/07/10, 06:20 pm

I was right! Cool
Back to top Go down
Danny Phantom Fan
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Danny Phantom Fan

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime17/08/10, 10:59 pm

WhiteWolf wrote:
No, as a matter of fact I did not. :-P The two wolves were in their late 8th month when it happened. Winter was still in progress. I did add more depth to the story by creating an idea of how the characters may have felt, just because it was boring to say that "the game did it" or "the AI did it" but that's all. :-P

---WhiteWolf
yeah but are you playing scenerio or simulation if you are playing simulation you had to have hexed there names
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime17/08/10, 11:30 pm

dozer2010 wrote:
wow um did you make this up Question

Again, edit your post. Do not spam smiles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livestream.com/twischannel
Danny Phantom Fan
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Danny Phantom Fan

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime18/08/10, 12:04 am

ok all of them?
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime18/08/10, 08:21 pm

I am playing this as a simulation, and yes, I did hex their names. I always wanted to play Vango in a simulation but sadly the game did not make this possible by default so I made it happen by myself. ^_^

---WhiteWolf
Back to top Go down
Doom Dragon
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Doom Dragon

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime19/08/10, 02:38 am

I just love reading everyone's adventures. Razz
Back to top Go down
Danny Phantom Fan
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Danny Phantom Fan

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime19/08/10, 11:14 am

ok whitewolf thinks to self i wish i knew how to hex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Inspirational Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspirational Mate   Inspirational Mate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inspirational Mate
Page 1 of 1