Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online

Go down 
+30
Ambaralis
Saige8
Kalde
SilentEcho
Cazanna
Nightsong
Gigi
Danny Phantom Fan
Rozel
Zak
Teego
Night
Nightshade
Hazze
hello
Lukai
willow
WhiteWolf
Arctos_Howling
PapaYasha
gozoo
Rafe
Doom Dragon
Cebana
HappygirlXD
Custard
Unidentified
Kouga
Rumour~Wolf
Alcuzeyk
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
HappygirlXD

HappygirlXD

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-28

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime30/01/10, 06:25 pm

I think the Alphas should only be able to talk to the pack. All the others would have to use preset senteces. And if there is an Admin or a Mod in the pack they should be the Alphas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriorterritory.webs.com/
Rafe

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime31/01/10, 02:14 am

Why? If they want to be alphas, they have to earn it... like all the other players.
If they want to have in-game privileges, these privileges should be at useful for us all... we are all helping to make wolf online a reality, if only they are going to have useless privileges, I'm out... No

And it is a bad idea that alphas use talk chat, any bully player can get to alpha and use the chat for insulting other players mothers. You would not want it happens to you, or do you?
Back to top Go down
HappygirlXD

HappygirlXD

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime31/01/10, 02:29 am

The players can earn if they earn it. The mods/adims just imeditally turn into othe alpha, but the other players can challenge them. You know the idea I had about only the alpha only talking. Ir would make the game safter like that.
(Sorry about my spelling and grammer I'm making a fast post because my whinny-butt sister keeps on begging me to get off and let her play Club Penguin. The only thing she needs internet for.)
EDIT: Now that I think about, Rafe, your right. That is a crappy idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriorterritory.webs.com/
Doom Dragon
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Doom Dragon

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime01/02/10, 01:30 am

Well is there is gonna be a full chat might as well be for everyone right? It would be great if chat was added as it would be somewhat funner but all I really want is WO to be playable.
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime01/02/10, 02:01 pm

I actually deleted the chat system because players can chat over instant messengers. There'll be a replacement system using pre-defined phrases instead.
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
gozoo

gozoo

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime03/02/10, 03:32 pm

I actually think a limited chat system is better- fewer spammers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PapaYasha

PapaYasha

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime08/02/10, 04:34 am

Forgive me if this idea has already been posted or if you already had these things in the works but here I go-eth:

Well i was wondering if players could like "die" in the game and let's just say they were like an adult wolf? If they happen to be "killed" or something could they be reverted back to a puppy? Like a sort of reincarnation/revival sort of a thing? And i don't think we should let like puppies be killed because some people are "Pup killers" or so I've heard, because I know some people like pups so yeah....
Back to top Go down
Arctos_Howling
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Arctos_Howling

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime08/02/10, 04:04 pm

I noticed something while playing WOLF and now I have this idea! Anyway in my game where there are no/low prey I went out in the night to find food,I couldn't and decided to take down this cow when I noticed something,there was a human guarding the cow. I waited,I stalked I moved closer but the game constantly told me the human was in the exact same spot as the cow. I had never seen that happen before usually humans walk around and deciding I didn't want to die I left it alone.

So now onto my idea for WO,could there be human hunting seasons for the prey? There will be more humans and hunters in the area around whatever prey is in season at the time.The hunters would still shoot the wolves feeling threatened by their presence or something. I think it would prevent people from over hunting if they know the deer is in season for humans and if they go to hunt a deer the chances of getting shot are more likely they'll go hunt other animals.
Back to top Go down
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime09/02/10, 01:33 am

Well, for me, i kinda found it....hard to see whats going on. Im pretty slow in the head, but sometimes in wolf i cant see if, in the middle of the game, if something big changed like...getting kicked out of the pack or something. Could it be possible that if you join a new pack of get kicked out of one, or pregnant with cubs, a message could pop up saying what happened?
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime09/02/10, 11:44 am

I love the idea of wolf pups being protected from players killing them. I think this is quite important, really.

I think that the revert-to-pup revival upon your wolf's death might be a little odd, but it would work. What I'd prefer, however, is that if a wolf gets into a situation where it would die, that instead of being killed, it becomes critically injured (very low health, lower strength, limping, energy depletes faster than usual). Then the player can pick up with their usual active lifestyle after a period of rest, but staying as an adult, so as to be able to interact fully with enemy wolves/mates etc.

With this method, death in the usual ways would be impossible, but I do believe that if wolves age in WOLF Online, that eventually a player's wolf should die of old age. If a precise ageing system isn't implemented, and wolves are simply either adults or pups, then I don't believe death by old age is warranted and would only hinder gameplay needlessly. I believe this would be a benefit because it would eliminate the possibility of a 70-year-old wolf running around that a player has kept alive for 10 real-life years, or something equally ridiculous.

WOLF had a good sense of "make the most of what you have because you don't know how long you'll be around" to it and this is why I support this idea. But it depends on how the game is structured or it might not work.

---WhiteWolf
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime09/02/10, 02:50 pm

Maybe we could make it like the WQ guys...

Like:
Wolf is defeated by something and re-awakens in the wildlife center with lowered abilities? And maybe two weeks older? (And yeah, dieing of old age is out of question because if there's an aging system there wouldn't be much sense in NOT letting them die Razz)
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/02/10, 10:38 am

Yes, clearly whatever is implemented needs to be consistent.

I like the idea of waking up in the wildlife centre with lower abilities and two weeks older - I've seen this in the RPG Demise, if any of you have ever played it. The wolves wouldn't have Potions of Youth that turn back the clock, but then if they don't die of old age that doesn't matter either. X-D

Sounds good to me. :-D

---WhiteWolf
Back to top Go down
Rafe

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime10/02/10, 05:59 pm

Bad idea. We want the game to be realistic, so if a wolf dies, it dies.
If we do that, players will not care about danger, risk their wolf unnecessarily, and do things that no real wolf will do.
Anyway, if your wolf dies, you can always start over, is not it? and this time, you sure will be more careful.
Reincarnation is a bad idea in wolf online, the death of your own wolf should be a punishment, you should have been more careful.
Why would you care about your wolf if anyway no one will punish you for being dumb? In nature, there is always a punishment for doing stupid things. We want the game to be realistic? Then, no reincarnation. Losing two weeks of life is not enough punishment.

And I want to propose something new

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Wolfonline

I think a queue to be born in a pack would be a good idea, it will scare away players who register and leave. I'll be back with more ideas later cyclops
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime11/02/10, 07:07 pm

It'd require that the server really doesn't go offline. And maybe a way to check if any player (online and offline) is pregnant. I still don't get it though.. that way players who want to play a pup would have to wait till Spring AFTER registering a character! I'm not sure if that is such a good idea...
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime11/02/10, 10:42 pm

I'm nearly out of more specific ideas at the moment, so just my very general impression...

I'm not sure that it would be very good to place too many restrictions on people who want to play as puppies, considering that pups are already inherently limited in what they can do (can't hunt large game, can't copulate, can't fight off enemy wolves). In the end, the game needs to be fun to keep people logging back in - I would be cautious of any plan that seemed to make joining the game outwardly difficult for them. I would be worried about the game becoming unpopular (and unpopulated) over time.

I freely admit that I can't think of a better plan, though. *Racks her brain* I'll have to think about this...

---WhiteWolf
Back to top Go down
Doom Dragon
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Doom Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/02/10, 03:28 am

Well perhaps it does not show your wolf's age but the time you joined?

I would not want my wolf to die of old age because I worked show hard to get it at a high skill or something? I think if a players wolf was to die they would come back as a wolf pup that is able to eat meat like an adult wolf but is slower and must wait 5-10 min. until they grow up into a yearling or something. You could also have to option when you die to becomes someones pup is one is open?
Back to top Go down
Alcuzeyk
Reverse Engineer
Reverse Engineer
Alcuzeyk

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/02/10, 04:05 am

Perhaps we will add something that when your wolf dies of old age, you can come back with some of your stats (but not all). Because that happens in real life too. Wolves are in their prime, but then sadly die.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/linkslover25
WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime12/02/10, 12:57 pm

Yes - wolves also don't stay in their prime for very long. It takes them approximately two years to reach the pinnacle of their hunting abilities, and they stay at max for about a year, and then their prowess just as quickly starts to decline, not because of any lack of intelligence but because catching prey is so physically demanding.

But, wolf life cycles aside, I think what is needed is a balance between the need for a realistic wolf life cycle (by that I mean injury and eventual death) and the continuity that people want from a multiplayer online game (that is, the ability to keep the game going with their friends). As long as whatever is chosen meets the above two points as best it can, I think we'll be okay.

---WhiteWolf
Back to top Go down
Doom Dragon
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Doom Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime13/02/10, 02:15 am

And there could be like a high score list for the person who did the most or best in their wolf life?
Back to top Go down
Alcuzeyk
Reverse Engineer
Reverse Engineer
Alcuzeyk

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime13/02/10, 03:52 am

hmmm, maybe...Thats not a bad idea. Perhaps that is something we can add to the site. Like a list of all the current packs, and their current alphas. Not a bad idea at all.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf

WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime13/02/10, 07:36 am

Agreed - definitely need the high score list!

---WhiteWolf
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime13/02/10, 10:16 am

xD I think there is someone here who actually is able to use PHP that way... Though I think we'll need MySQL for this o.o'
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime13/02/10, 11:51 am

Ok, well It's about time I came up with an idea of my own. I couldn't sleep this morning so...

For when you log off, lets say your wolf goes into auto play. As you would do for wolf.

Pack life: Your wolf stays with the pack or controls it, depending on position. It stays within the pack territory, following or leading the other members. Maybe have something in your wolf stats that tells other people your offline. Thus pretty much, your wolf is computer contorted. As it would do in Wolf if you ever put on auto play.

Lone wolf: Sure, your wolf goes on, hunting, drinking, sleeping and doing everything a normal lone wolf would do. Such as traveling pack lands and avoiding danger.

As for wounds/danger/fighting: If such an event happen, lets say you log back on, and find your wolfs' hunger/strength/speed/have a limp or another sort of injury. (Not die mind you.) Your able to look through a history log of sorts. Saying what happened to your wolf, how many times it had been attack, lost rank or injured and what happened. -- Not completely thought out, but you get the gist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livestream.com/twischannel
Alcuzeyk
Reverse Engineer
Reverse Engineer
Alcuzeyk

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime13/02/10, 01:47 pm

All I gotta say is that would take some darn good AI! XD
I'm not totally sure we can handle that, but we will have to see what Kouga says about this one.
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime13/02/10, 01:59 pm

I know, just kind of came to me xD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livestream.com/twischannel
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next