Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
keb2005
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-24

Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up? Empty
PostSubject: Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up?    Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up? Icon_minitime14/04/13, 09:04 pm

I've looked around haven't really seen any instructions on how to set it up.
What i did was run libraryfiles, and set that up. then i ran vbrun600, it was in a different langue other than english. So i have no idea what it installed. tongue

Now this is where the problem comes up. I have window 8. I see the file that says "Drag OCX and DLL on me" I did. It didn't do anything. Looking around i found topics on how you have to drag and drop the dx8vb.dll on your regsvr32, also did nothing... i know in normal windows like xp or 7 it would try to register it, or at least give me an error, but nothing. So, then i tried to to set it up to run as administration. The regsvr32 file has no compatibility options, so i cant have it to automatically run a administration.

Not sure if any of the dll files registered.

i tried running render.exe and i get the popular error "429" ActiveX cannot create object.
Any idea what to do? Please and thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frooblet11

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up?    Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up? Icon_minitime02/09/13, 05:14 pm

I had the same problem, except i didnt know the first 2 steps.

Edit: i didnt know about library files and vbrun600
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up?    Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up? Icon_minitime02/09/13, 07:04 pm

oö What's Windows 8 again? Ah right, quite troublesome indeed!! I got to admit that I have absolutely no clue about the new system. At all. But I'm pretty sure if you drag the dx7vb.ocx on the regsrv32.exe it should say something at least.

Suspect Should.
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

Number of posts : 1191
Registration date : 2012-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up?    Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up? Icon_minitime02/09/13, 09:39 pm

I have Windows 7, and I had to do it a different way. I dragged the regsrv32.exe onto engine. After I installed the library files and vbrun600

Try that. :3
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up?    Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up? Icon_minitime03/09/13, 02:45 am

Quote :
I dragged the regsrv32.exe onto engine
o.O Care to enlighten me why that'd work? Didn't it work after installing said other two files?
Back to top Go down
Chloethegreat

Chloethegreat

Number of posts : 1191
Registration date : 2012-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up?    Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up? Icon_minitime03/09/13, 04:18 pm

I don't know how... But it worked. I swear. o.o I don't know how, but it works. Maybe only on my computer though. XD If you don't believe me/care to know how it works, I'll create a video. After I downloaded the files though.

EDIT: I made a random account up to give you this video anyway. :3 (Sorry about the background sounds from the TV... XD)

https://youtu.be/oAG_BPT2Tt0?t=6s
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up?    Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up? Icon_minitime03/09/13, 05:40 pm

Ehm, you didn't drag the engine.exe on it. You just started both. xD Which in fact confirms what I said.. but good that it worked for you =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up?    Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolf Online / Darwin's Words- How do you set it up?
Page 1 of 1