Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online

Go down 
+30
Ambaralis
Saige8
Kalde
SilentEcho
Cazanna
Nightsong
Gigi
Danny Phantom Fan
Rozel
Zak
Teego
Night
Nightshade
Hazze
hello
Lukai
willow
WhiteWolf
Arctos_Howling
PapaYasha
gozoo
Rafe
Doom Dragon
Cebana
HappygirlXD
Custard
Unidentified
Kouga
Rumour~Wolf
Alcuzeyk
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Krashath

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime27/03/10, 06:57 pm

-needs to get an account-

Anyway... It wont be entirely like wolfquest, changing shades and tints, but picking the general colour probably. Cool
Back to top Go down
Alcuzeyk
Reverse Engineer
Reverse Engineer
Alcuzeyk

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime28/03/10, 01:45 pm

Yes there will be no shades or tints that you can change. but colors you can choose from are a wide variety, from white to dark dark black.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/linkslover25
gozoo

gozoo

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime30/03/10, 02:47 am

Okay, I really like the ideas everyone made about everything else, but the question I have to ask has nothing to do with what has been brought up so far on this topic...
I asked this before in the Q and A topic, but it got locked before I got a (satisfactory) response, so I'm going to ask here.

On WOLF-Online, does each account have a certain # or multiple wolf characters allowed? If there's only 1 wolf per account, are you planning to (not necessarily, but planning) have some sort of death/penalty (in place of death) system? Also, if there are going to be multiple wolves allowed per account, would there also be deaths?

I think that if there's only 1 wolf for each account, there should be some sort of penalty as well as death, so that you would re-spawn after death, but you would lose some skills/abilities (I believe you were going to implement that in the game?) and only have about half health left; there could also be a 1 (?) real day suspension of that account, so that users would be taught to be more careful about their wolves instead of WolfQuest's free re-spawning. Death, like birth, should be included in the game because it would make it somewhat more realistic and adds risk.

With multiple wolves per account, I think that players should only be able to rp one wolf at a time, so there wouldn't be any form of "god play" or abuse of the game in that sense. So also, users should only be able to log in on one computer at a time rather than being able to log into multiple pcs at the same time, to prevent "cheating".

Please consider my ideas and answer my questions, thanks! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime30/03/10, 03:58 pm

Alcuzeyk wrote:
Yes there will be no shades or tints that you can change. but colors you can choose from are a wide variety, from white to dark dark black.

We could make use of the overlay-system Cool
Only problem is; where do we get the sprites for this? It sure would make the game customizable and would be a nice addition ^^' But if nobody has the endurance to create the sprites we won't have much fun with this.

Very Happy Interested?

Quote :
On WOLF-Online, does each account have a certain # or multiple wolf characters allowed? If there's only 1 wolf per account, are you planning to (not necessarily, but planning) have some sort of death/penalty (in place of death) system? Also, if there are going to be multiple wolves allowed per account, would there also be deaths?

- One wolf per account and we're not sure yet if we're gonna delete the dead wolves, just reset their skills and add to their age after putting them in the wildlife center or whatever... about the birth stuff: How do you mean that oO? Putting the ready-for-gaming players on a queue?

Quote :
With multiple wolves per account, I think that players should only be able to rp one wolf at a time, so there wouldn't be any form of "god play" or abuse of the game in that sense. So also, users should only be able to log in on one computer at a time rather than being able to log into multiple pcs at the same time, to prevent "cheating".

- Don't worry, the game already prevents multiple logins ^^ If one account is already "ingame" it won't let another player join with the same login details. Was quite fun to add it since it didn't work in the beginning... o_o' there were several wolves named TEST running around on the map! Literally talking to yourself!
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-forum.rpg-board.net
Hazze

Hazze

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime30/03/10, 08:47 pm

I can't wait for this game to come out. |3 I want to try it so bad! I wish I knew a thing about programming--I just know a small bit about fixing bugs. Heh. Not to sharp with it.
Back to top Go down
Nightshade

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime07/04/10, 02:59 am

Inuyasha22 wrote:
But if nobody has the endurance to create the sprites we won't have much fun with this.

Hmm, do you mean the sprites for other colours? Because I could definately work on recolouring the sprites for you so you get many different colours. I have too much free time as it is, haha!
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime07/04/10, 04:27 pm

No no, I mean for markings ^^
We already have different colors Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gozoo

gozoo

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime17/04/10, 08:13 pm

Yeah, that's true, and I know close to nothing about sprites.

tongue

Inu, what is your current plan about births/ pups? Since you're so far along in development, I shouldn't contribute too many ideas that might disrupt the process of making the game.
Back to top Go down
Night

Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime05/06/10, 03:00 pm

Very Happy Yes, I wonder also about the birth of pups in WolfOnline. In WOLF pups come once you mate and return to the den. And after time passes of course. Razz
But, will we be able to mate? LIke, when we do mate and it is time to have the pups-will they be limited by the players currently playing as pups? Or will there be CPU pups replaced as players? By which i mean if you mate and it is time to have the pups but no one is currently playing as a wolf pup will you have any pups?
Also, I heard something about a wildlife center... what is that? Question
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime06/06/10, 07:45 am

Night wrote:
Very Happy Yes, I wonder also about the birth of pups in WolfOnline. In WOLF pups come once you mate and return to the den. And after time passes of course. Razz
But, will we be able to mate? LIke, when we do mate and it is time to have the pups-will they be limited by the players currently playing as pups? Or will there be CPU pups replaced as players? By which i mean if you mate and it is time to have the pups but no one is currently playing as a wolf pup will you have any pups?
Also, I heard something about a wildlife center... what is that? Question

Not sure how to answer the first part. But the Wildlife center is a safe haven for wolves, like when they die or are injured ect, they have a place to go to. But if only you don't kill the farmers cows. From what I've gathered..I believe that's the general idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.livestream.com/twischannel
Teego

Teego

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime28/06/10, 04:44 am

I have a few questions about WO.

1.In WO only the alphas are able to kick someone out of the pack, am i right?

2.when you are fighting someone in the pack to get to a higher rank will the fighting area look the same as in WOLF? you know with the health bars on the sides and the backgrounds.

3.can the pups sleep in the den if they/we want to xD
Back to top Go down
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Zak

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime05/07/10, 09:05 pm

:p i do have some suggestions , talking about being natural , pooping and peeing (i am not intending to be rude if anyone is thinking like that) is a need in an animals life... so besides marking all over... we should need to do those from time to time to prevent sickness :p also modding the actual sprites (i can do that too ^^) so we could have more animations like... more types of laying down (normal laying, laying with head on paws, the sleep one , laying on side, on belly, on back etc) and sitting and perhaps others would really be a nice addition, giving us a way of choosing how to sit and lay x3 that is ALOT of work and its just a suggestion.
If birth is implemented, in the first part of life, a pup needs milk not meat and stays inside the den all the time so (again no rude meaning ) they should be able to suckle from their mother , or other female wolves in a simple friendly undetailed animation with a laying (the sleep sprite works just fine)wolf and her pups next to her ^^ this way the female gets hungry and is forced to eat more in order to keep the pups alive (or the male to hunt for her) that would bring a huge realism in that. however even without birth, all pups need milk at first (so when at that sanctuary where we start humans would bottle feed pups untill their taken by other wolves :p)
-quits blabbering- ok im done sorry for the long pose @_@ also i can colour and do many other things if that is needed. I have enough time (whole days actually) and i know how to do it (: and SORRY for the loooong post ;-;
Back to top Go down
Lukai
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Lukai

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime13/07/10, 05:24 pm

I agree with Kopje. ^^
It would make the game a tiny bit more challenging. Like if you used the bathroom, you would of course need to eat/drink some more later. And yeah, sicknesses could result in not relieving yourself.

And maybe if a player did start as a pup, what they ate would depend on the season. Like if they stated near the end of winter/beginning of spring, they would drink milk until about the middle of spring. Then start on meat.

Oh! And it would be cool if you could go to certain places and a message pop up like, 'In winter, you may want to look here for ____s'
Or, 'This is a favorite breeding ground for _____s' That way we would have an idea of where certain animals can be found at times.

While I was typing that, I got yet another idea. x3
If wind was not blowing, and no prey was in sight, we could track they're trails.

Like, if a deer ran by and we were looking for food, we could sniff the ground and a message would pop up;
"You came across the trail of a _____. It was here ____Minutes ago and _____seconds."
(Minutes being 0 if it was only seconds ago of course)
And depending on where the dear went (through water, snow, or just grass) you could attempt to track it.

Dunno if that's even possible, but it's just an idea. ^^'
Back to top Go down
Rozel
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime14/07/10, 04:35 pm

I like these ideas, but there should be an option to pause your character or something. The game would still go on around you, but you won't get hungry, you can't get hurt, but you can't move or do any actions.
It may seem a little bit like god-modding, but I'd rather that then if you need to poof for 2 seconds you can get killed.

I really hate that if you are in need of using the restroom you could die unless you logged off your character. :[
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime14/07/10, 11:11 pm

Rozel wrote:
I like these ideas, but there should be an option to pause your character or something. The game would still go on around you, but you won't get hungry, you can't get hurt, but you can't move or do any actions.
It may seem a little bit like god-modding, but I'd rather that then if you need to poof for 2 seconds you can get killed.

I really hate that if you are in need of using the restroom you could die unless you logged off your character. :[

I don't think the pause would work, it would take too much coding. Also, that's why you put your wolf in a safe spot before going off to the restroom or something.
Back to top Go down
Rozel
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime15/07/10, 08:28 pm

Safe spot? If I remember correctly, hunters and airplanes can go anywhere x] Though, I have heard about you being able to go into dens...Bah, ok. I'll just remember to fill my wolf's tummy before I need to go AFK ;D
Back to top Go down
Cebana
Support
Support
Cebana

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime15/07/10, 10:20 pm

Rozel wrote:
Safe spot? If I remember correctly, hunters and airplanes can go anywhere x] Though, I have heard about you being able to go into dens...Bah, ok. I'll just remember to fill my wolf's tummy before I need to go AFK ;D

Lol, I'm talking about WO, Not Wolf it self. Also, in Wolf you can left click? I think and have the game pause it self until you get back.
Back to top Go down
Rozel
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime16/07/10, 02:07 pm

I was talking about WO. O.o Because in WOLF you could easily just pause it.

I don't know much about WO, but I don't think there are any safe spots, and there will still always be hunters and airplanes in WO - as well as hunger and thirst. So there are no real "safe spots" for when you go afk.
Back to top Go down
Danny Phantom Fan
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Danny Phantom Fan

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime16/07/10, 02:49 pm

um i have an idea for WO the hunting hound could be most common in timber medeium in plains and barley any in arctic and it would be cool for indianes in the plains they would b like the hunters
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime16/07/10, 02:54 pm

Indians didn't hunt the wolf.
Back to top Go down
Danny Phantom Fan
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Danny Phantom Fan

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime16/07/10, 05:07 pm

oh but can they still be in the game
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime16/07/10, 06:03 pm

Nah, nice try. But firstly we have no good indian sprites, secondly there is no real reason for them in a game with planes and helicopters (I think I know they're kinda extinct) ..
Back to top Go down
Danny Phantom Fan
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Danny Phantom Fan

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime16/07/10, 06:09 pm

oh ok can we have the choice to be a pet like of the non hunting people?
Back to top Go down
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer
Kouga

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime16/07/10, 07:44 pm

No..

If we wanted to create a being-pet game, we would've created Dog's Life Online.
Back to top Go down
Danny Phantom Fan
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester
Danny Phantom Fan

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime16/07/10, 08:04 pm

oh ok now im out of ideas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Ideas for WOLF Online   Fan Ideas for WOLF Online - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fan Ideas for WOLF Online
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next