Raven-Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Flying Death

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roachheart

Roachheart

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-10-02

The Flying Death Empty
PostSubject: The Flying Death   The Flying Death Icon_minitime23/10/10, 11:18 pm

Region: Plains
Season: Winter
Pack Size: Four
Amount Of Hunters: Some

Life for us had been good. I had been ruling the pack sucessfully for almost two months. My jealous beta Lightfall had been more relaxed lately and less interested in challenging me. I figured his challenges ceased because I was doing such a good job as alpha. We always had nice prey to eat and I always led us to some source of water each day.
No one had felt the need to wander from me.
It was morning and I had smelled an elk nearby. We tracked it for about five units trotting along. Why waste energy? We got close. The wind had shifted, bringing the scent of the animal towards us. It was a bull. Injured and weak. He was ours! I led the charge, heart pounding, blood roaring in my ears and my mate Darkfur at my side. I growled and finally attacked the limping animal. We easily brought it down and enjoyed the kill. For a short time after we relaxed.
Yawning I decided to head back in the direction of the den. The spirits were high. Even our omega Draco was tagging along. Tails wagging and paws digging into the earth. We were a healthy pack of four wolves. In my mind I was imagining how much bigger and happier our pack would be when the pups arrived. I was young for an alpha male (1 year and 9 months) but that didn't matter to most of us. I was the biggest and strongest wolf in the pack and I yearned to see my puppies born.
A cloud of extremely strong happy energy surrounded us so happy that I didn't see or hear the strange sounding shadow moving towards us. It was THE FLYING DEATH! I immediately turned tail and ran. I ran to the east and Lightfall and Draco managed to turn away fast enough. I heard a yelp and in my head I thought she was okay. She HAD to be...
She'd gotton throw off my a musk ox and was injured but survived. I didn't mind following her and keeping her well fed and safe for a few days. When the flying death finally passed we decided to turn back. She wasn't behind us and that wasn't a good sign. We approached the area and saw it.
She was laying there. Dead. I couldn't believe it. My mate had succumbed to the flying death. I couldn't believe it. She was always such a trooper.
Quicker to bite your head off than play with you.
I heard the fleeing footsteps of and the quickly fading scent of Draco. The world was silent and the fur stood on the back of my neck. Lightfall was behind me. I expected him to jump or attack me but all I could detect was sadness and confusion. After all she was his mate first...and I'd let her die. Pups and all...I was a failure as an alpha male. We'd need a new alpha female.
And so the search for a new alpha female began...

Okay phew...this actually happened and I know it's not as "dramatic" as it sounds but for me in game it was a shock. All the wolves in my pack were young healthy and strong. We'd been exploring the land together for about three days. No one had left my side and we weren't fighting just kind of living our lives. Darkfur is actually still alive because I saved the game and we are now X years and 10 months old. Now my game has no sound so because I can't hear it wasn't in my brain to press the "S" key or anything. So I was technically blind and deaf XD. Tell me what you think...

Pack Ranks:
Alpha Male: Surge (me)
Alpha Female: Darkfur
Beta: Lightfall
Omega: Draco
Back to top Go down

The Flying Death
Page 1 of 1